• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DLA Audit/Inspection Warning

jasonjc

How is it that GSA does not have to do this paper work???

This is just like the EPA tring to control ammo. They will stop truck/trailer sale do to the fact that the buyers are not doing the paper work.:x

ryan77

Well i guess i will buy a file folder and start keeping records on all my stuff! I have a dangerous m1102 in the garage that could fall into enemy hands if not properly sold with a paper trail!!!!:cookoo:

123mack

This could get "interesting". If this interpretation of the rules is allowed to stand, imagine the implications for high volume dealers such as Memphis Equip,Clarke, John Winslow, etc when they have to keep up with signed forms for every small part taken off a truck or trailer. Does anyone have a contact with one of the big dealers to see if they have had problems with this?

Monkeyboyarmy

First.....income tax. Now this? What's the world coming to?

BTW, just because you scrapped it doesn't mean that you sold it. Didn't you melt the iron down in your back yard? Didn't you use that iron to build that septic tank? "Go ahead and taste test it, sir"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve won't go to jail, he'll walk the plank.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just tell the Special Agents that Eric Holder said you were authorized to sell the parts to the Mexican drug cartels....you are NOT a straw purchaser for the North Koreans!!

ryan77

Answer the door naked and invite them in to inspect the trailer ball and hitch!! They probably wont bother u after that......:p

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course this could be the first step in justifying discontinuing selling these dangerous items to mere civilians...since we can't be trusted with keeping a simple paper trail, then how on earth do we really know where these dangerous EUC items might end up?

Sounds like after some diligent investigations by these "Special Agents," some serious congressional hearings are in order, where shocking accounts will be told of how these dangerous EUC items of mass instruction are being used by Iran to build atomic warheads, therefore GL should lose their contracts for reselling these dangerous items and all military surplus should be destroyed or immediately transferred to the Department of Homeland Security.

We just can't be trusted.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It doesn't matter whether anyone likes it or they think it is stupid. I have a paper trail to backup that a Special Agent in OIG of DLA says that you must provide and track the paperwork for every part taken off an EUC tracked item.

Maybe he is wrong but all I know is that I'm getting my paper copy of the warning in the mail in the next couple of days and I have no idea how many warnings you get before they pull you from purchasing GL EUC stuff.

It might be too late for me since I'm honest and told the truth before I knew what was happening. The rest of you now have some advance warning.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Of course this could be the first step in justifying discontinuing selling these dangerous items to mere civilians...since we can't be trusted with keeping a simple paper trail, then how on earth do we really know where these dangerous EUC items might end up?

Sounds like after some diligent investigations by these "Special Agents," some serious congressional hearings are in order, where shocking accounts will be told of how these dangerous EUC items of mass instruction are being used by Iran to build atomic warheads, therefore GL should lose their contracts for reselling these dangerous items and all military surplus should be destroyed or immediately transferred to the Department of Homeland Security.

We just can't be trusted.
Don't laugh, this may be closer to the truth then you think because We just can't be trusted

86m1028

So how many of you have received a notification from DLA that they wanted to see all your paperwork on the disposition of a specific piece of gear that required an EUC?

I scrapped a trailer last year that had been sitting for 3 years. It's my fault for not following exactly what it says on the EUC but then again I wonder how many people actually follow the rules on it.

DLA says:

"If you plan on disposing any of the vehicles, make 2 copies of that section of the document one for you and the other for the buyer, have them print and sign both copies. One for you and one for them. "

I don't nor do I ever plan on transferring anything with an EUC to a foreign entity but I didn't know it covered scrapping as well.

Im curious

Roughly how many have you bought with euc ?
How did you fill out your euc ? personal use ? resale ? local or foreign sale ?

chevyCUCV

Ok deleted i had written because i dont want to be political

Best of luck dealing with the goverment,
Write to your congress man,
And re read all the guidelines for EUC's, The "should" thing really sticks out to me, maybe there is an appeal you can file

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What brought this on? Did this come randomly in the mail??

I got the e-mail on Tuesday of this week. My best guess, random audit.

About whether it says "should have" or "must have" it doesn't matter, it only matters what the government says it means. All EUC sales are done at their leisure and you must comply with their rules. It isn't like this is some Constitutional spat you could bring your Congressional representative in on.

Luck of the draw for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks