• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DLA Audit/Inspection Warning

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, to me it looks like we need to keep the part of an EUC vehicle that has the serial number/data plate if we are scrapping it. That way we can honestly say, "here it is", and the rest has been melted (Mutilated to prevent re-use).

I have heard a similar story from the F-4 fighter sales. The wheel chocks and the mechanics tool sets had to be destroyed (cut up) because they were 'part of the end item' that had to be mutilated or destroyed before release. Stuff that could have been used on other aircraft or vehicles destroyed because of what it was originally purchased to be used on. Makes no sense but it's the government (oops, I'm repeating myself).

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't laugh, this may be closer to the truth then you think because We just can't be trusted
Ron I can assure you when I wrote that & re-read it, there's no laughing here on my end....it was intentional.

I've seen some of DHS' arsenal first-hand.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, it's get better.

I'm sitting at Walmart yesterday and I look at my phone and there are two messages. I check the oldest first and to my surprise it is the agent from the DLA saying that he sent me something in the mail and I signed for it and wondered why I had not called him about it.

Holy crap, now what kind of trouble am I in.......

I call him back and he says the second message on my phone says to forget his first message. I told him I thought I had screwed something up and he laughed and said "no, he did". He left the message thinking it was for someone else.

Dodged something on that one.

:)

Truckoholic

Okay, help me to understand............ When I sell one of these trucks......What exact paperwork, or forms is it that I am supposed to have my buyers sign other than a bill of sale? Do I actually need to have them fill out an EUC form DLA 1822? Or what? I'm confused! Luckily so far I have only sold two, so I could probably still contact my buyers and have them do whatever I missed.

When I filled out the EUC's when I bought my trucks, I put personal use, hobbyist on them because I honestly planned on keeping them. But then after a while of playing with them, and fixing them up, I decided to sell them. When I bought my first couple, I really struggled with what I should put on that part of the EUC, because like I said, I was buying them for myself, but also did not want to cause myself any issues if I did at some point decide to sell them, since I put for personal use as a hobbyist.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will want to go back and read the EUC that you signed. It does not matter what you said you were going to do with it. When you sell it or give it away or salvage it the person who gets it must have a copy of the paperwork and you must keep a copy signed by them.

There are others who will debate semantics all day long on the issue but at the end of the day I just went through it and that's the way it is.

Mike, yes, the heart is fine, thanks for asking. The breathing, I'll get back to you.

area52

On my first ever deuce purchase back in 2001, I had the DLA come and audit me about the truck. Wife freaked out when the "DOD" guy called and set up a time to come see the truck and paper work. Luckily I had the truck still and the title (this is when GL issued titles for every truck).

He was cool and we chatted a bit before he left. I have since purchesed 4 more EUC required items and never been contacted (fingers crossed!)

Truckoholic

Okay, I read through the EUC again.........and I still do not understand what exact form I am supposed to have my buyers sign. It is not clear to me whether they need to sign two copies of the EUC that I submitted on that particular piece of equipment, or if I simply need a paper trail showing where the truck went such as my copy of the bill of sale on said equipment. I am completing a sale tomorrow which is one reason I am really curious about it.

EDIT: OKAY, read it again again, and as far as I can tell, my responsibility is just to inform them of the contents of the EUC form, and the laws regarding exportation of said truck, and to keep track of the sale. So there really is no exact documents that the buyer needs to sign when buying from me. Simply sign over the title, give them a bill of sale, and make sure they understand the rules, and I have to keep records of what trucks went to who.

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did Colonel klinc say when he was asked for his EUC paper trail..?

I KNOW NOTHING, NOTHING.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks