• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 AM General M35A2 *Updated 9/28/08*

Flea

1971 AM General M35A2 *6/16/10*

Purchased from Maddawg and Rob in October. 2 new batteries and haven't looked back since.

I drove it 330 miles home with no problems at all! Since then I've been doing a lot of lubing, checking, changing and cleaning. Yes, I know the reflectors aren't the correct factory ones, but they're better than the painted over stock units :lol:

Vid of startup and walkaround, if anyone cares:
Vid
:)

Attachments

Last edited:

Flea

Yes, used spray cans all around.

It's Krylon Camouflage green with Krylon red metal primer. Both primer and paint are about $4.50 a can. It's an enamel, so it's really tough. The wheels have been painted a month; no chipping or peeling, so far.

Cdub

outstanding looking deuce..........Keep up the good work..........!!!

Thanks for posting the vid......and get better soon.

seya,

C'dub

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking great, Craig! That rattle-can paint job looks very professional from the pics. I like how you painted the emergency air side of the rear bumper red, and the service side yellow. Very interesting mod, I've never seen that on vehicles in service, but make it easy to I.D. from a distance which is which.

Oh, and you need to spray that jerry can too. The red cans never looked right to me! :)

Flea

Mike, the truck was actually like that (albeit it was very faded and lots had chipped off). You could see the tape lines, and I just re-taped along those lines to give the effect you see.

And thanks for the complements on the paint job. It's not THAT good, though. When you're up close, you can definitely make out the brush strokes from the underlying camo job. I don't have an orbital sander or I would fix that. But the enamel primer and topcoat sticks remarkably well to it. I've not had any problem with the paint lifting or flaking, save for a few places with rust.

Cdub

Flea said:
Oh, and yes, I realize some of the markings & numbers may not be authentic... :)
Hey Craig,

Wow.....the truck is really coming along very well. So far I've used the rattle cans to do all my painting on the M925a1 USMC five ton also. Even though I've worked in a body shop for 11 years, you just can't beat the ease of those spray cans. I've been doing as much as I can during these winter months myself but with the weather the way it is, it does make it difficult at times.

The bumper markings and numbers really add a nice touch of detail to the overall look of the truck.

Little by little and before you know it………..IT’S DONE……

Please keep us posted. We all love to see someone’s MV getting done.

Cheers,

C’dub
(Craig)

taylordc15

Flea,

First off congrats on a nice looking truck. I have been lurking on here for about six months and have become infected with the OD fever. I am stationed in Okinawa but am due to come back to the states shortly, I bought a M35A2W/W from halftrack and am trying to decide where to title it. My parents live outside chattanooga so TN is one of my options. I have read a lot of post on here in regards to the pro and cons of going with historical plates but would love to hear from Tn owners what your experience has been and if there are any Tn specific issues I should be aware of.
thanks
Dave

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: SS in kingsport

Hey there, SpruceDeuce! You're a 21-year-old finance major at Penn State, huh? Haven't they taught you that you can't afford to play with big green toys yet? ;)

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: SS in kingsport

It looks like she is coming around nicely. Keep up the good work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks