• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12V / 24V dual voltage alternator on a deuce

T

televisionman007

whats the ntotal cost and labor hours to add the second alt12v to a m109a3

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

harleyrkc

I love the idea of a 12/24 volt dual alternator but I couldn't find one reasonably priced when I looked. If someone knows where to buy one thats not $1800 like the one at Eriks, please let me know.

tim292stro

I know this thread is over two years old, but:

The AC terminal of an alternator (if expicitly provided) is a 12-pulse-per-revolution tach output. That's it. The load dump controller is simply a box that watches the Alternator revs and based on its setting, will dump non-critical loads if the alternator is not spinning fast enough to generate the power to support those loads + the critical loads. The tach output can also be used to drive, well - a tachometer. When set with the correct ratio (alt-pulley vs. crank pulley) the alt output frequency will indicate the engine RPM on an electrically signalled tach. I have a 200A C.E. Neihoff in my bus conversion (another forum I paticipate on), and I use the AC output for my tach.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks