• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12V / 24V dual voltage alternator on a deuce

T

televisionman007

whats the ntotal cost and labor hours to add the second alt12v to a m109a3

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

harleyrkc

I love the idea of a 12/24 volt dual alternator but I couldn't find one reasonably priced when I looked. If someone knows where to buy one thats not $1800 like the one at Eriks, please let me know.

tim292stro

I know this thread is over two years old, but:

The AC terminal of an alternator (if expicitly provided) is a 12-pulse-per-revolution tach output. That's it. The load dump controller is simply a box that watches the Alternator revs and based on its setting, will dump non-critical loads if the alternator is not spinning fast enough to generate the power to support those loads + the critical loads. The tach output can also be used to drive, well - a tachometer. When set with the correct ratio (alt-pulley vs. crank pulley) the alt output frequency will indicate the engine RPM on an electrically signalled tach. I have a 200A C.E. Neihoff in my bus conversion (another forum I paticipate on), and I use the AC output for my tach.