• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 KAMO Rally Attendance thread, Kansas Arkansas Missouri Oklahoma

jwright

lol I love running 25 ! Magnum and the other boys in the Blazers were little pale when they come up out of that last big Valley. I think they were impressed with the Deuce and a half capabilities.

davesgmc

no mud pit driving this year? I sure wish I couldda made it. I can show all the lil jeeps that the big ELMO truck can go anywhere again. That place sure is fun to just wheel around at for use. either in the ELMO truck or in the ferret either way. some of the smaller lil side trails in smaller vehicles are quite fun too.

Aswayze

The previous mud pit had been dozed in just leaving that one the Dodge got hung up in at East Wind. Needed to recon that one first in a big truck to make sure it didn't have a telephone pole sitting in there or something and I don't think anyone was too eager to be the first one in. Besides, I am STILL washing muck out from the last time we did that over a year ago.

Sheer size helps a lot out there on some of the big wide mean trails like 25. The deuces make it look easy, the 900 series barely needs it's front axle engaged the Mutts and CUCVs on the other hand don't have the huge tires to just ignore the washed out spots and therefore do need to pick their way through there a little more cautiously.

Warsaw Pact trucks are:

Gaz-69M troop truck owned by Stagg. It's a mid 60s troop truck about the equivalent to an M37 but fitted with a newer Polish made Zuk delivery truck engine instead of the original flat head. Neat little truck that has the same sort of illogical capabilities the M37 does off road. This one runs good but is in need of a general restore before East Wind next year.

Robur 2002a commo truck. We just grabbed this one off of Craigs List that very Saturday from over in Nowata Oklahoma. Its an East German made commo truck that we will be restoring for our Grenstruppen guys to use at East Wind. It starts, runs, drives but does not stop. We've got some brake work to do but nothing crazy. You can see more pictures of it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92513238@N00/sets/72157634237191189/

and read our discussion of it on the East Wind forums here:

http://www.operationeastwind.com/forum/index.php?topic=3276.0

It was good to have everyone out and we will most certainly have to do this again sometime! I wish I could have spent more time riding around and having fun but as usual I had piled a few things in on top of this like getting the Robur and updating the maps so most of my time was eaten up doing that instead of trail riding.

Cleptomaniac

The 30mm is owned buy Oklahoma Machine Gun. They are good friends of mine. I helped rebuild that thing. Is great fun!! :)

We are in the process of putting together a 40mm bofers! Hope to have it out next year!

Flyingvan911

Thanks to Dewayne, Aswayze and MWMULES for putting the event together. Here are the pictures I took. These are from OFAST. I left the good camera at camp so I got these on the cell phone.

Attachments

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Some more. JWright about to take Dewayne's M923 out for a spin. MWMULES taking someone out for a test drive. A really nice Ford pick up with gloss and camo.

Attachments

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Early Saturday morning Aswayze and Tascabe took off to go pick up a Robur. The Unimog was vismodded to resemble a Robur for East Wind but now we found a real one for the Soviets.

Attachments

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

The data plate in the engine compartment of the Robur. I took my brother Ben, then my friend Shanon then Hoober's son out to drive the deuce around a little. Aswayze's dog Tanya checked out the engine on the Robur. She was then borrowed by Trucker to go with his beer and straw hat to complete the "retire in Florida" look he had going on. Stagg took us out for a cruise around the trails in the GAZ.

Attachments

Last edited: