• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 NC Steel Soldiers MV RALLY April 11,12,13

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somebody watch Ferro. He doesn't play well with others...............

ccf460

I went to the Denton show today, my first rally. I met some nice folks, saw a few friends, but more important...I think that I have infected my 9 year old son with the green disease. He was lobbying his mother for more M.V.'s when we got home!!!!!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missed it this year. Was down in Asheboro area looking at different properties to relocate to. Love the area, not too far from Denton. The weather was perfect and the scenery was exceptional. Can't wait.

wilfreeman

It was a nice rally - wish I didn't have to leave for the wedding yesterday, but it was nice too. Got to see some friends, eat some good chow (thanks CG!), and pick up some needed (and some not so needed) parts. Talked to alot of vets and gave a couple of rides - I think it was a good rally! Hopefully they will have this rally again next year. I was talking to Jim Henry yesterday and he said he wa probably going to lose money this year unless alot more people started rolling through the gates (but this was fairly early in the day and the people WERE rolling in). Sorry, I didnt take a single pic, so if you took some, post up - I need a couple for my blog.

CJ9/Granny

In spite of our being unsociable by setting our campsite up a mile from everyone else we had a great weekend. We saw many old friends, met some new ones, and left looking forward to doing it again. Here are the pics my wife took while we were on one of our many walks around the area.

BS_1.jpgBS_2.jpgBS_3.jpgFamily_on_Golf_Cart.jpgFire_Ring_Home_Made.jpgMilitary_Bus_1.jpgMilitary_Jeep_1.jpgMilitary_Jeep_2.jpgMilitary_Mule.jpgMilitary_Tank_1.jpg

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Craig and I got to my AO around 0130 this morning. He had another 2hr drive home after that, poor fella.

Had a great time, and next year, the owner has given me permission to use the railroad. Bwahahahahah! :mrgreen:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent the weekend lifting kids into my deuce for the annual "Touch a Truck" in Columbia, SC. I'll see the doctor about the right shoulder next week - in the meantime I have a large bottle of aspirin handy. Looks like those who were there had a good time. Maybe next year!

wilfreeman

Thanks for the pics Darlene (and Don for posting them)! If you don't mind, I'm going to post a few (and the link here) on my blog. I didn't even think about taking any until I found the video camera buried in the Expedition - when I was getting ready to leave! Greasemonkey: I hope they are going to have another one there next year - haven't heard yet.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Had a great time, met a lot of good people, had some good food and learned a lot about my vehicles, think i'm hooked, going to buy my first lotto tickets today! so i can just rally all the time!

bigugh20

I had a great time, made some new friends, ate excellent food and saw some great restorations. We also went by Jim Henry's place, he let us take his like new HMMVEE out there, gave us great deals on a truck full of parts and then hauled us back to the rally sight. I'm ready for the next rally, the "Win the lottery/rally year round" plan sounds great to me!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks