• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Ga. Rally volunteers needed

Lccountryboy89

I am a new member to the forum. I plan to attend the rally but I believe with my work schedule I will only be able to stay for two days (either Fri-Sat) or (Sat-Sun). I am not military but I am a RN who works at MCG in the Emergency room so I have medical training and will be more than happy to assist in any way I can there during the days that I am there.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't want anybody to get butt hurt if your post disappears, so I'm putting this out for ya'll to see. This thread was supposed to be for people to volunteer to assist with putting on the GA rally, and has turned into a general conversation thread. Yes, I am guilty of it as well.

Therefore I am going to clean up the thread back to relevant posts. Thanks for your understanding.

Jonusmc

I too am new to the forum and have been watching this thread closely. I have all intentions of being at the rally, but don't have exact days locked in yet, which is why I've been hesitant to officially volunteer. But I will be bringing my wife. She is also a RN and I have some first responder training. I can also bring a vast array of medical supplies, hopefully none of which will be needed. I never met Tigger and didn't even have the pleasure of speaking to him on here. But due to the huge amount of threads I've read on here, I feel like in a way, I have an understanding of who he was. I am saddened I will not be able to meet him.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Still accepting applications.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am working up a schedule for registrations. Will reach out to all that showed interest shortly.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
i volunteered to help at the gate check in by no response back
We have been gathering all the names of all the poor souls who have volunteered and will be catching up with them soon. Don't worry Timmy, we haven't forgotten you! :)

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
One of the positions we need is a person who can be a responsible wrecker operator.

We assume someone will bring a functional wrecker, but we also need someone who is approved to use said wrecker, has loadout experience and will be available the majority of the time. So someone who's going to spend all their time on the trails isn't ideal.

If this is you, speak up.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If anyone else out there is a medic (with state certs) that would be great. We have one already but it would be best if we have three total to ensure full coverage of convoys and site.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One of the positions we need is a person who can be a responsible wrecker operator.

We assume someone will bring a functional wrecker, but we also need someone who is approved to use said wrecker, has loadout experience and will be available the majority of the time. So someone who's going to spend all their time on the trails isn't ideal.

me if I do not try to fly the 819 AGAIN, once is enough., I have the necessary rigging.. I have loaded out for the last two years, might as well go for three. AND in worse case, I will help flip burgers.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

me if I do not try to fly the 819 AGAIN, once is enough., I have the necessary rigging.. I have loaded out for the last two years, might as well go for three. AND in worse case, I will help flip burgers.
Since I have not heard anything on this and have NOT been told that I will not be the one doing the load out/crane work again this year, I thought I would follow up.

In the past years people offered CASH, This does not really help the situation because the wrecker BURNS FUEL not cash, yes cash can be used to buy fuel but there is not a station near by, it would be a hassle to rig down, run to town (burning MORE fuel), then rig back up. If I were to charge to do the lifts that would be tough to work out, I get $100-$125 a hour, 2 hour mim. for m819 work (yes it takes that much for the proper care and feeding of the wrecker), being I am going to the rally anyway, I could not charge travel.

So back to the situation at hand which is the load out, crane work for the rally attendees and DONATIONS for payment, FUEL is burned to do the job, SO FUEL, I repeat FUEL is what is needed and would be greatly APPRECIATED, cash will not be turned down BUT IF YOU PLAN TO USE THE RALLY LOADOUT, CRANE WORK, PLAN AHEAD and bring fuel.

Remember the m819 is NOT a high MPG MV, every gal. of fuel used for rally use is cutting into return to home AO fuel reserve.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If anyone else out there is a medic (with state certs) that would be great. We have one already but it would be best if we have three total to ensure full coverage of convoys and site.
Usually at the rally I am on vacation from resuscitation but can help out. I spend most of the time at the vendor area and can help out. I try and round up a bag with wound care and airway stuff. And no I won't have the helmet with me! med.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Usually at the rally I am on vacation from resuscitation but can help out. I spend most of the time at the vendor area and can help out. I try and round up a bag with wound care and airway stuff. And no I won't have the helmet with me! View attachment 505939
Thanks, that gets us 3 plus I have 2 others that I hear have CLS from the Army. It will now be a matter of just making sure we have someone on the trail rides and base camp. I don't see this as a significant issue as Tigger was having me cover it while he was gone (keeping in mind that I'm not a doctor but I play one at the office). So I'll keep you company or vice versa or something like that.

Al Harvey

Thanks, that gets us 3 plus I have 2 others that I hear have CLS from the Army. It will now be a matter of just making sure we have someone on the trail rides and base camp. I don't see this as a significant issue as Tigger was having me cover it while he was gone (keeping in mind that I'm not a doctor but I play one at the office). So I'll keep you company or vice versa or something like that.
Planning on being there from the 8th to the 12th. My wife is also willing to assist with the Medic duties. She is a RN and we will bring out medical supplies we keep for our firing range. We have 500ml .9 saline bags, trauma bandages, regular bandages, basic supplies, etc.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's still far from sure, but if....

I will come with some simple equipment (thanks to a lot of project funding here):
  • a Nikon D90 digital camera, 18-105 mm lens, shoots a decent video as well, wide angle, takes ALL Nikon lenses old or new.
  • a Sony HDR SR10 full HD 1080. Bit limited angle of shooting but very good quality.
  • A logitech c920 full HD stereo webcam
  • an Asus N56 laptop with Adobe premier pro CS6 video editing software.
  • an Ipad for when I am bored, to play games or watch videos (during 10 hour flights for example)

Problem is, I am lacking the artistic view but am very good at copying and pasting. Whatever, I will be shooting lots of pics, and can shoot some official video as well. I am not carrying a stable tripod and we would need one, better two, for shooting good video and pics.

I am not the type to come and then sit on my butt and just look around. Much more fun to be in the heat of the action. So I can help with the registration as well. Our organization organized several conferences and workshops, either as main organizer or as logistics organizer. Mainly scientific. The last was this May, about all Newcastles from around the world (but the Americans did not come?). The biggest was about river otter conservation; 140 people from 17 different countries, including transport to and from airports etc etc. Scientist are supposed to be smart but by jove, talking about asking thousands of stupid questions and then still getting it wrong, they are the best, bar none. So some hillbillies should not pose a big problem ;) ;)

Its not my favorite job, but better than doing nothing. I can help with the registration, both with things that can be done online in front or on location. Still keeping in mind that ....

Last edited: