• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Ga. Rally volunteers needed

Whiterabbit

I can bring some flats of bottled water from Lowes to donate to the registration tent. (I get 10% off) Get's hot out there and dehydration or heat stroke is no fun and I always have alot of water on the truck during the trail rides. If you need water swing by my truck, the bottles are on ice! Some of those trail runs last longer than planned. Look for the Land Rover.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please if someone tosses a runflat on the fire, dispatch a runner to the registration desk to notify us so that we can deploy the Dihydrogen monoxide dispenser.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robo if you want campfire pictures you need to bring a filter dark enough to photograph the sun!
As I said, I just have the equipment, not that much of a photographer as in knowing the tricks of the camera in and out, like white balance. No filters or other lenses (no $$ for it). However, in general, the D90 does a good enough job when at automatic.

My biggest problem is that I forget to put settings back to automatic as standard, so I make one very good and balanced pic out of "auto" settings and the next 50 pics are messed because I forgot to reset. Or I miss perfects moments because I am too busy figuring out how to set something or reset it to auto. You get the picture (pun intended)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I said, I just have the equipment, not that much of a photographer as in knowing the tricks of the camera in and out, like white balance. No filters or other lenses (no $$ for it). However, in general, the D90 does a good enough job when at automatic.

My biggest problem is that I forget to put settings back to automatic as standard, so I make one very good and balanced pic out of "auto" settings and the next 50 pics are messed because I forgot to reset. Or I miss perfects moments because I am too busy figuring out how to set something or reset it to auto. You get the picture (pun intended)
Shoot everything in Camera Raw format, then fix in Photoshop! If Adam remembers to bring it to PB, you will get to do some translating at the rally. Or maybe just read it out loud instead. You will understand in October! Oh, and by the way, popabear likes Zubrowka Vodka (Bison Grass Vodka) - I got him hooked on it a couple of years ago. On his first shot, I remember hearing him say, "That's not v...., oh yes it is!" and a big smile spread across his face.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shoot everything in Camera Raw format, then fix in Photoshop! If Adam remembers to bring it to PB, you will get to do some translating at the rally. Or maybe just read it out loud instead. You will understand in October! Oh, and by the way, popabear likes Zubrowka Vodka (Bison Grass Vodka) - I got him hooked on it a couple of years ago. On his first shot, I remember hearing him say, "That's not v...., oh yes it is!" and a big smile spread across his face.
Sorry guys but
1) I am not a Czech and my knowledge of the language is not that great. I speak it by now ok but grammatically wrong but still have a very limited word knowledge (I don't understand half of what they are saying here). I can get it translated here without problem, Oli and I are a good team on that, but don't expect me to do an even cursory translation on the spot.

2) Good to know and glad to bring it but Zubrowka Vodka is Polish, so its imported here as well. I will bring some real Czech stuff and also some real budvar beer (budweis or bud as you call it) so you can compare the original Czech and the US versions. Have to check what my limits on bringing alcohol over.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What PB is getting (should have by now) is in Dutch, not Czech. And since I already know the information being conveyed, I can almost do a translation as I read it. While in Mechelen in 2005, as part of a ceremony I was given a Bible verse/part to read that was in Flemish/Dutch. I was able to read it out loud after making a few notes. The priest was impressed and the rest of the locals were pleased that I used 'their' language - it was mainly knowing which syllables to make the emphasis on. I've pulled similar stunts in Mexico, Spain, Poland and Austria (with a little help from the locals), but usually in giving toasts!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What PB is getting (should have by now) is in Dutch, not Czech. And since I already know the information being conveyed, I can almost do a translation as I read it. While in Mechelen in 2005, as part of a ceremony I was given a Bible verse/part to read that was in Flemish/Dutch. I was able to read it out loud after making a few notes. The priest was impressed and the rest of the locals were pleased that I used 'their' language - it was mainly knowing which syllables to make the emphasis on. I've pulled similar stunts in Mexico, Spain, Poland and Austria (with a little help from the locals), but usually in giving toasts!

Ask Mike to read it English, he's really good......

;-)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got the packages...WOW!!! Thanks Mike. I didn't see the manual cause Ferro was opening stuff and my attention was fixed on the switchboard and the EE-8s.
Guess I'm gonna have to ask Mike to hold the titles to all my stuff til I can find a way to repay him!:rules:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, volunteers.

We have the current batch of volunteers assigned to the tasks that they volunteered for but we are in need of a few more to help in the MKT and we need photographers/videographers to help JP with documenting the Hardball Convoy. (When the org chart is done I will put it in the info and volunteer thread.)

For those that put "any" for their volunteer task you were selected to help out in various areas, some MKT and some other spots. The leaders responsible for their respective areas will work up schedules and distribute them to their people.

Thank you to those who have already volunteered.

steve
SSGR14 CO

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have much experience with vid stuff but I do have a Gopro that I'm bringing and will more than likely be able to do nust a little aerial photo and video to add to the final production.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will go out after I get back from the Graves Mtn Rally, and mark the video/still sites better. I will also ask permission at one site, that works real well for a broadside of the vehicles as they roll by on the main road. I will also have maps, and mark the spots that I have selected for the video/stills.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
John, do we have a dedicated production person who might be able to produce a video?.
I'm not a professional, and all I have is Windows Movie Maker, but I'd love any raw clips to merge together into something presentable for the group.