• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Fails To Build Intermittently; Parking Brake?

gottaluvit

So how did the unloader service go and how is the vehicle running? Hope everything turned out alright.
Well, last week I braved tearing back into that unloader again. It was gummed up alright. This time I sanded both parts with 400 grit sandpaper and used Rem Oil as a lubricant. It shouldn't gum up. I figured if an M-16 can run on full auto with the stuff and not sieze up than that unloader valve should do OK with it as it won't get near as hot. I will just take that steel line off the top that goes to the governor every time I lube the truck and shoot some more down in there.

So up to now it seems as if it is doing fine. I made two 30 mile trips with it with the governor cutting in and out as it should. Several start ups and fanning down to check, and doing well. It seems as if it is gonna be alright. Truck, overall, seems like a real nice dependable unit. I got it in April and have a heck of a lot of hours in it so I hope it is for good cause. Making plans to start hauling gravel next week. I still have to switch the other front tire to back so I will be more at ease. The ones on the front were 15 years old and not all that supple. Did the right one last week and it was my learning curve (training) dealing with all that CTIS stuff.

I really appreciate all the help you all have given me. I know I couldn't have done it all on my own. To be honest, I wouldn't have even gotten the truck had it not been for this site and all the good folks that are all so eager to help complete strangers. You all are a blessing. I know it will come back to you!

The HUlk

Good deal. I wanted to verify what I think is a key symptom to the stuck unloader problem. The symptom is when the air builds better cold, than after warm up. I have two data points as of now, I have to believe there are/have been many more cases of no air build when hot.

Glad to see things are operational, be safe!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have one there either. I'm going to dig through the TMs and see if it is shown. I'm curious as to why mine doesn't have one now.
I ran across this diagram while looking for something else and figured I'd follow up. It shows the reason for my "missing" check valve. The A2's have 4 one way check valves while the previous models only have 3.

See the note over the right forward rear wheel with an arrow to the back of the wet tank. All one way check valves in the diagram are marked "A".

Screenshot_2015-07-24-10-28-09.jpg

Glad you got your issues worked out and I've been enjoying your job pictures in the other thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks