• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian ACME trans toast!

citizensoldier

I had some time yesterday to dig out the engine and re-prepping for re-assembly. It finally warmed up enough to leave the garage door open so I could move stuff out. I had some questions about the chains. Those chains were in my M37 Canadian when I purchased it. I would love to find another set for the front! I believe they were made in Norway and I will get some close ups of them. Maybe some Canadian guys can put us on the trail for some more. IMG_6881.jpgIMG_6882.jpgIMG_6883.jpgIMG_6884.jpgIMG_6885.jpgIMG_6886.jpgThe chewed up metal piece is what went through my original ACME. This piece is not found in the acme and is a slide rail keeper from a NP420. All I can figure out is someone tried to put the top of a 420 on this trans at one time not knowing they were different and it fell out? Its a mystery to me how it got in my old trans but it sure did some damage.

Last edited:

citizensoldier

IMG_6895.jpgIMG_6894.jpgIMG_6893.jpgIMG_6892.jpgIMG_6891.jpgIMG_6890.jpgIMG_6889.jpgIMG_6888.jpgIMG_6887.jpgSome more bumps in the road but no biggie. Throw out bearing sleeve warn uneven from a tweaked clutch fork, output flange took a bump somewhere along it's life and original pulley kind of tweaked also. The pressure plate and clutch are just some M37 **** for ya. Ok now for some questions. Is the clutch fork the same between the Canadian and Us versions? Anybody have one of these pulleys? Measures 8.5 inches and different than the 230 pulleys. Anybody have the part numbers for the throwout bearing and slide bushing? My Carquest guy is looking right now but wondered if someone can save him some time. Its the 1 3/4 ID and I think it's the same as the later civi Flatfenders that had the 251 flathead with 11'' clutch and 1 3/8, 10 spline input shaft?? The clutch and pressure plate cross referenced to a Massey Ferguson tractor.Also, what's the preload torc spec for that output flange?

zak

I could be wrong but I think the same one fits both models. I looked in an old vpw catalog from 2005 and it said same for all models. I just put a new bearing on my old sleeve. And I do believe that I got it from VPW. Anyway a new bearing I have says Aetna 2256. And I couldn't find the old one but still will look for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks