• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clare, MI. 8-4-12 General Jims Show Swap List

maahes

Not sure if Ill be making it anymore, the Deuce has developed an idle problem or a fuel pump issue. Started fine this morning in Jackson, drove to Lansing for work, in Lansing it stalled coming off 496 and again and almost every stoplight. RPMs need to be above 600 or it sputters and cuts.
After idling at lunch while I was in the bank it cut again and this time would not start. I had to give it a shot of starting fluid and crank it to start.

Ill search the forums for a solution.

Driving up to Clare and getting stranded if it gets worse doesn't fit into my schedule this weekend ;)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if Ill be making it anymore, the Deuce has developed an idle problem or a fuel pump issue. Started fine this morning in Jackson, drove to Lansing for work, in Lansing it stalled coming off 496 and again and almost every stoplight. RPMs need to be above 600 or it sputters and cuts.
After idling at lunch while I was in the bank it cut again and this time would not start. I had to give it a shot of starting fluid and crank it to start.;)

Mogger62, Steveo picked up Dells M109 in Georgia's last fall and drove it back to Michigan, Just out of Georgia the exact same thing happened to him. There is a idle spring in the IP which was broken. If you can get a rebuild kit the spring is included. I am still waiting for the kit to arrive.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pics of the show, and on the way back to the weekend AO, I came across Co E, 76th Brigade, 113th Support BN (Indiana National Guard) headed to Camp Grayling, or invading the UP.

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got up early this morning, took a drive to Port Austin for work then went around the thumb and over to Clare. I was impressed with the show. Picked up another mermite can and a Deuce lug wrench. Saw 319, BobH, Natem and others. No need to post pictures 319 has that covered.
Michigan has a good bunch of MVr's.:beer:

natem

Well another show has come and gone, thanks to everyone who helped make it happen.

Special thanks to Jeff at General Jim's, Jay's Sporting Goods for hosting and Mark D. for a excellent dinner. (14 hours slaving over a hot grill)

Also thank you to every one who braved the heat and humidity to come out. It was good to see some that haven been there the last few years and a lot of new folks.

Attendance was a little low but I'm sure a $.50 jump in diesel did not help much. We'll start planning for next year, not on the same date as Thunder over Michigan!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks