• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Injector Pump , starting an unknown Deuce or IP work..Beware of Runaway

rustystud

This was a better Idea if you worry and controlled from the cab. Thanks Orren.
Another good Idea is leave the engine kill pulled out and locked after shut down. If the fuel control does bind up it is bound in the no fuel position. This should be SOP. Maybe checking the fuel control ( removing the shut down cover) should be a thing done every so often.
Also need to bypass your FDC as this two is SOP. No reason to have it only problems if it is left in the system.
All modern diesels have an electric shut-off solenoid at the injection pump. I was going to retrofit mine with a Cummins fuel shut-off solenoid but used the manual valve instead as there where clearance problems with the solenoid. You can pick-up these solenoids new for about $35.00 . I bought 2 for $50.00 .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks