• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce was dead on side of the road.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I highly suggest (that's a hint) that all the fluids be drained by Ron at his place. I don't want to worry about turning the place into a Superfund site. After the scare with the house demolition next door.

Thank you

oddshot

I highly suggest (that's a hint) that all the fluids be drained by Ron at his place. I don't want to worry about turning the place into a Superfund site. After the scare with the house demolition next door.

Thank you
That's the best idea I heard. Safer and MUCH easier also.

If you could save me a bit of the oil and the oil filters for analysis, I'd appreciate it.

Ted

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thank you

But.........if you absolutely, positively must spill oil, please do so in front of the registration tent. The dust gets bad there! (Disclaimer for the one dimensional crowd, this is Tongue in Cheek humor)

64crew4x4

Newbie here....PLEASE take pics and if Possible set up a Video camera with someone manning it...We did a Car tear down and reinstall several yrs ago, and took vid every 10 mins or so for 5-7 min intervals, and then editted it at 2x the normal speed...came out very well...and For us Folks out here on the west Coast it will be cool to watch the Pro's and Noobs go to town the old fashioned way on a motor swap...;)

Very cool to see a project like this become a community deal....All good forums and groups should be this Way....I love paying it forward when ever and where ever I can.....Good Luck, and Look forward to hearing his Beast fire up...:)
John in Oregon.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the gopro has time lapse capabilities. I have one and it will likely be available as I have 2 other cameras for the quadcopter.

Rmtaunton

Less than a month away :) do we have everything we need ? The preps and all the help seem to be there just doing a cast out if anybody can think of anything we are missing

oddshot

Its been a while ... just checking to see if there are any new wrinkles and everything is still on.

I hope Andy hasn't succumbed to OD paint withdrawals.

andy3

I got to spend a few min with the old girl tonight. I felt better just being with the truck. It's funny how they can become a part of you. I have a few updates but they will have to wait for the morning. My son has a huge test and we are studying for it now.

andy3

Reckless has the motor, It has a bad starter but we can harvest the starter off my motor. made a dash to Ron's last night to pick up parade supplies and drained half the radiator. When I go back next weekend I will finish the drain and the oil and fuel filters. I am MISSING my truck something fierce. I haven't heard any other wrinkles. I'm sure that the group of guys helping out can charge through just about anything. About a week and a half out I will post a reminder as to what everyone signed up to help with. If something changes please let me know so I can pick up needed supplies so we won't have to do a parts run from the rally.

andy3

We are 11 days from the engine swap. I think I have decided to drive my utility truck out to the rally with all my stuff. I still need to pickup oil filters, belts, radiator hoses and beverages to help make this happen. If you are not able to make it and you commented you were bringing something just let me know so I can make sure everything is on hand.

Can anyone shank of anything else we might need? If we need to swap starters and move turbo from the bad engine will any gaskets be needed? Should we instal new seals in the IP while we have the motor out? I have an extra set.

I appreciate all of your support.

andy3

Gimp is bringing a pressure plate. Anyone have a main seal they bring and sell me?
I just got a video from Reckless of the motor running. YAY!!! He did tell me it is an earlier IP with a functioning FDC. Should we replace the seals in it and bypass the FDC to prevent future issues?
MOV_0199.MOV.mov

Rmtaunton

I am going to start a new thread go engine swap , I requested info on all people involved and things there bringing but it quickly gets lost in the main SSGA ralley thread

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks