• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dually M1028A2, South Florida Rebuild

Stonepicker1

After a short road test looks like I have a small oil leak on the bottom drivers side of the valve cover. I'll be pulling the cover in a few days.:(

The "brown truck" just dropped off my ORD shackle flip kit and extended brakelines. A lot of work to do before the GA rally.:)

Attachments

Stonepicker1

The dually didn't want to shift out 1st gear today, so I pulled the Governor assembly out of the side of the TH400 transmission. As you can see in the pictures the plastic gears are shot. Should be a cheap fix.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Got the governor repair kit in the mail today..big $8.99 shipped. I also bought a complete NOS governor that is being shipped now.
As you can see the teeth are shot on the old part. Drive the pin out and re-drill a hole in the plastic gear and should be good to go. Going to install it now and take it for a test ride.:popcorn:

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey where did you order your kit from, my blazer is doing the same thing. . . . .
Vac lines are good.

I'm going to start on my 1028A2 soon.
Yours is very nice!

Stonepicker1

Hey where did you order your kit from, my blazer is doing the same thing. . . . .
Vac lines are good.

I'm going to start on my 1028A2 soon.
Yours is very nice!
Got it off ebay, the guy is sold out now. There is another one that is around $9.00 shipped. Do a search: "TH400 Governor"
I tried the auto parts stores with no luck...a good transmission shop should have them.

Stonepicker1

Well, after 6 months from the last time I started the truck. I went out to the back yard and turned the key....it started right up. Got to love those red top batteries.

Planning on taking this to the GA rally so my kid can do some trail rides.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you ever get that winch mounted? Was thinking of doing a similar setup on my M1028

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks