• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Issues - No Start

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter

^^^ Ive hacked my way to this point and I'm pretty sure something is supposed to come apart now?

What am I missing? The round thingy barely rocks as if its still connected.

Where???

welldigger

You have to remove the fuel control rod and line the removal marks up under the shutoff cover. Otherwise you WILL break something.

Find the TM that deals with the injector pump. It has nice detailed instructions and pictures.

Never fly blind on a part like this.

red

Before you proceed try 1 more thing. Reinstall the 4 nuts to secure the HH. Reattach the fuel feed and return lines.

Turn the electric on until fuel is spilling out of the center bolt hole on the HH.

With fuel coming out, turn off the electric system, and reinstall that center bolt. Turn electric on and crank the engine over for about 10 seconds. Fuel should be spraying about 8-12 inches upwards from each injector line fitting. If it is (for the entire 10 seconds) then your HH is still working

red

Been dealing with fuel issues on mine lately. If, during that test, the fuel coming out of the HH ports for the injector lines drops to about 6" or shorter sprays, your fuel problem is further back in the system.

welldigger

His plunger isn't traveling a full stroke. He can have all the fuel pressure he needs to that point and his injectors still aren't going to fire with no pressure from the head.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you proceed try 1 more thing. Reinstall the 4 nuts to secure the HH. Reattach the fuel feed and return lines.

Turn the electric on until fuel is spilling out of the center bolt hole on the HH.

With fuel coming out, turn off the electric system, and reinstall that center bolt. Turn electric on and crank the engine over for about 10 seconds. Fuel should be spraying about 8-12 inches upwards from each injector line fitting. If it is (for the entire 10 seconds) then your HH is still working
I already did that and no spray. At all. Thats why I'm trying to yank this thing - and I want to throw it right in the trash!

Ive already pulled the rod but I can't see under the cover well enough to see any marks.

Ive hammered and yanked - time to look at instructions I guess.

red

That's why I mentioned that test, reading through the thread it had not been done yet. Saves him the hassle of pulling the head if it's not the problem.

welldigger

I already did that and no spray. At all. Thats why I'm trying to yank this thing - and I want to throw it right in the trash!

Ive already pulled the rod but I can't see under the cover well enough to see any marks.

You already pulled the center bolt and told us the plunger isn't moving as much as it should. That eliminates everything downstream of the hh.

Ok you need to stop immediately. When you get the marks lined up the head will literally lift right out. There is only ONE way it comes out and goes back in. This is VERY important or you will be buying a whole new ip.

welldigger

Also I forgot to mention you will either need to remove the drivers side fender or get a mirror to see inside the cavity under the shut off cover. There's not really a good way to poke your head in there otherwise.

RAYZER

Hammering and yanking on the hh is bad!
With the dozens of detailed threads with pictures on this subject, I'm supprised your not clear on how to proceed!

rustystud

If he has resorted to hammering the Hydraulic Head then I believe he will be buying a whole new injection unit. I've been a diesel mechanic for over 35 years and I still read the manual when I go into an injection pump. There is always something you will forget about and you need to refresh your memory. Remember when dealing with engines, reading manuals good :) hammers bad :(

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If he has resorted to hammering the Hydraulic Head then I believe he will be buying a whole new injection unit. I've been a diesel mechanic for over 35 years and I still read the manual when I go into an injection pump. There is always something you will forget about and you need to refresh your memory. Remember when dealing with engines, reading manuals good :) hammers bad :(
I couldn't find the right manual in all the manuals.

However, I could find the hammer in the toolbox!

One way or another - that round thing is coming off when I get home tonight!

I thank everyone for your help.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found a couple threads with pictures to guide me.

However, I am having trouble downloading the TM. I either get the wrong one or I get a time out. Does someone know off hand what file name I need to get?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks