• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA to OK in BFR's/Papabear's/Patracy's Deuce.

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would ask you to stop in here so I could say goodbye (again) to the ole girl and to show you our junk but we will be leaving out early Thursday and won't be back til late Sunday.

Good luck with the truck and prayers for a safe trip.:beer:
I'd like that. I hope we'll have that opportunity in the future. And thank you!

Roadside support unit is on standby.
Thanks! Praying we don't need it!

I haven't had time to type out my list of stuff I'm bringing, and probably won't before I leave. I think (hope) I have everything we'll need (and a lot of stuff we won't), so hopefully we'll manage alright. I could type up the list when I get back, it might help someone else later on.

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update...

I met Warthog and got the items going to GA. I bought a towbar from him and he loaned me the feet (Thank you!), so we have a towbar if we need it.

A bit of an unforeseen issue... My friend got here yesterday and we visited awhile. We ran in to town this morning to get a few things for the trip. I drove his truck back and thought it was handling a little strange. We jacked it up and discovered both driver and passenger side front wheel bearings were VERY loose. They're unit bearing type, so now we're trying to quickly track new ones down and replace them in time to get everything loaded up and ready for tomorrow.

I don't know if I'll have internet access on the road, but Warthog said I could text him updates of our progress.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the adventure has begun.

Just received a text that they are in Arkansas and the chase truck is running fine. They look to be in GA by sunset.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Weather hasn't been helpful as I planned on giving it a good washdown. So instead I filled up the tank for him at lunch as an excuse for one last drive in it and to make up for the needed wash. I'm guessing they'll be here in the next hour.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad to see it being sold by someone who knows deuces, not a flipper. That's great news for the buyer.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Should be here in the next 20-30 mins. And of course there's a monsoon happening right now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Matt just left out from here. He's going to lodge in Bremen tonight at a hotel and head out in the AM. Kenny your wheels are here safe and sound. Plans to arrive home tomorrow evening at this point. I believe he has oil (gear and engine), grease, coolant, water, brake fluid, extra wheel/tire (besides the spare), wheel bearing set, belts, bulbs, hoses, wire, and a wide assortment of tools. And a towbar. I also stuffed a few extra spare parts I had laying around in it as well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news. The one thing I forgot to add to his list was an assortment of compression fittings. During one of our epic, 2 auction deuce recoveries, Devilman96 and myself suffered a catastrophic nylon fuel line failure. It was O-dark thirty somewhere between towns. 30 minutes later with diesel soaked hands, we were bumping off the governor. So glad Mike packed an assortment of compression fittings.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, there's a filter head in there with some fittings on it with some hose I tossed in there. Hopefully that'll keep Murphy away.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good road trip!
Did the same thing with my cranetruck back in '06, but in the opposite direction. The K-boom came in handy more than once.
Some images. The bed for your truck was made later that year as well (Black locust).

2006 1005 1100 hrs, Thursday, I81, uniroyal 16r20 radial tire blowout, roadside, hiab lift, P911.jpg2006 1002 heading home, uniroyal 16r20 on second axle.jpg2006 1218 1200 hrs, Monday, locust edging, got a haircut a little later, bjorn.jpg

Have a great little adventure!
PS. The open cab (Bikini top) kept air temp about the same inside as outside, just without the sun.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are on their way home. Passed thru Birmingham and no issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks