• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greater Houston-area Events

m715mike

You know we can always switch to the following weekend. I am down for that.

Right now, TAMU86 is the only one that has confirmed for August 2. I'm fine with switching weekends if more folks can make it on Saturday, August 9. I'll check with TAMU86, or let him chime-in here.

Who else is up for breakfast in Montgomery, Texas on Saturday, August 9 (instead of August 2)?

Aldixie

Either Saturday would be fine to me. Don't have a MV yet, just want to check out some. I've just put up my 1950 Chevy custom for sale to give me the funds.

m715mike

Saturday, August 9

Saturday, August 9 it is.

Let's meet in Montgomery, Texas for breakfast at the Magnolia Diner at 0800 that Saturday morning.

Here's a link to the Magnolia Diner's website:
http://www.magnoliadiner.com

Let me know who's coming (and how many are in your group), and I'll give the diner a heads-up so they are ready for us.

anjay22

I will be there. It will probably be just me and the bosslady. What time? Oh, did you guys want to do another convoy?

Last edited:

m715mike

I'm thinking just meet for breakfast at 0800. That may be too early for a convoy before breakfast. If it's not too hot after we eat, we can see about a convoy.

m715mike

We'll be there.... Three of us total. It will be nice to start meeting people, we just bought our M923A2 two month ago. We love it!!

Howdy! It will be nice to meet you and check-out your new truck!

Looks like we should have a good turn-out next Saturday (August 9). I've heard from 5 Deuce owners and now a 5-ton. See everyone next week!

shadowdd

Well, we still PLAN on being there but I just found out I am having knee surgery on Monday. So IF I can hike my butt up in the drivers seat with crutches then we will be there!! 😁

m715mike

Well, we still PLAN on being there but I just found out I am having knee surgery on Monday. So IF I can hike my butt up in the drivers seat with crutches then we will be there!! 
shadowdd - I'm sorry to here it. I hope all goes well with your surgery and you have a speedy recovery!! It would be great if you can make it next Saturday, but remember, your health should always come first! If you can't make this get-together, we will do more in the future.

jeb2012

couldnt have been a better weekend have a birthday in magnolia at noon ish saturday they just so happen to want me to bring the deuce as well the diner is on the way going to be some fun cant wait to meet you guy's

m715mike

couldnt have been a better weekend have a birthday in magnolia at noon ish saturday they just so happen to want me to bring the deuce as well the diner is on the way going to be some fun cant wait to meet you guy's

Sounds like you have a good road trip planned for your new truck!

To avoid confusion, we are meeting at the Magnolia Diner location in Montgomery, Texas located at 19784 Highway 105 (i.e., not the location on 1488 ).

jeb2012

sounds good will still be there man might have a friend tag along in his tahoe if i can get him to wake up early enough i plan on leaving here about 6.30 says its a 1 hr drive but by deuce will be 1.5 hrs

shadowdd

Well, so much for being able to make the gathering at the diner. My knee surgery went well but they had to do the worst case scenario so I can't put any weight on that leg for a month and can't bend it which makes it virtually impossible to get up into the 5-ton.... Hopefully I'll be back on my feet for the next one!! Have fun and take lots of pictures!!

Bryan

m715mike

Shadowdd - sorry to hear it! You are always welcome to come without your 5-ton, if that is an option. If not, I'm sure we'll see you next time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks