• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greater Houston-area Events

m715mike

Saturday, November 8

Is anyone interested in a convoy and lunch on Saturday, November 8?

I am more than willing to organize a convoy and lunch in the Montgomery area. However, I know we've met here the last two times. So, if someone has a different location in mind, that's fine with me.

two.fiveM35

I'd like to but can not, Kehma is having a salute to the military that weekend and I am volunteering for that also. The first half of November is crazy busy.

shadowdd

I would love to but I have to leave town again for work on the 4th and won't be back for a week.... One of these days I'll be able to make a meet!!! I can't believe I have missed them all since bought the truck!

Bryan

m715mike

Initially I was thinking early in November since Thanksgiving is coming-up...

Would Saturday, November 22 (i.e., the weekend before Thanksgiving) work better than November 8?

I am open for either weekend.

shadowdd

Well, that weekend would be better for me since I usually don't travel from the middle of November to January but don't change dates for one person if a lot of other people can make the first weekend!

Bryan

two.fiveM35

If you guys are around Kehma Boardwalk this weekend (mainly Saturday), they are having a Salute To The Military event with military vehicles on display.

m715mike

November 22

Guys, let me know how this sounds for Saturday, November 22:

1000 - 1030: Meet in Montgomery. There is a large parking lot at the southeast corner of Highway 105 and Highway 149. We can meet behind the McDonalds (20943 Eva St., Montgomery, TX 77356). This will give us a little time to hang-out, check-out each other's trucks and swap lies.

1100: Depart for convoy. I'll plan a route that is approximately 30 minutes and a second that is approximately one hour. Feel free to chime-in here, or we can vote the morning of November 22.

After convoy. The convoy will take us on a big loop and end at Phil's Road House & Grill in Montgomery where we can have lunch. They have a good selection on their menu and a large parking lot to accommodate us. Their website is http://www.philsroadhouse.com/.

m715mike

November 22

Alright, which one of you did the rain dance? Weather.com is now calling for 100% chance of rain on Saturday with the "potential for sever thunderstorms."

Hopefully Saturday does not change from a convoy to a high water recovery....

I'll keep an eye on the weather and keep posting here. The optimist in me says that there is plenty of time between now and Saturday for the weather man to change his mind.

m715mike

Weather.com shows "Isolated Thunderstorms" beginning at noon on Saturday with the forecast progressively getting worse from there. Channel 13 reported on the morning news today that hail is likely and there is a possibility of tornadic activity.

If you are still interested in meeting Saturday morning, please chime-in now. Otherwise, it looks like we are calling this one on account of rain.

m715mike

Cuts Against Cancer

Wow... Its been almost a year since this thread has seen some action... Yikes!

The Beyond Fringe Salon is having their 3rd annual Cuts Against Cancer Cut-A-Thon today at 15320 Highway 105, Montgomery, TX 77356. For the third year in a row, we were able to lend a hand (ugh... truck) with the advertising.

If you find yourself in the area today, stop in for a hair cut. There is also a silent auction and raffle.

Group Pic 2.jpgaTruck.jpgGroup Pic 1.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks