• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Having some Problems with a 1970 M35

jerseyjeep2003

TNJ Murray in Dover Delaware has the in tank fuel pumps, a bit pricey at $400, but I guess that is about average for brand new (mfg'ed in 2011). Ask me, I just replaced mine. But before popping for a new pump, check the fuse. It is located in the little rectangular cover that is bolted to the top of the tank. It has the wire coming out of it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
TNJ Murray in Dover Delaware has the in tank fuel pumps, a bit pricey at $400, but I guess that is about average for brand new (mfg'ed in 2011). Ask me, I just replaced mine. But before popping for a new pump, check the fuse. It is located in the little rectangular cover that is bolted to the top of the tank. It has the wire coming out of it.
Dunno why you would go there when you can get them direct from the manufacturer for $320.

http://www.occorp.com/?page=Pumps

Last edited:

poppop

I have gotten several pumps running by cleaning connections. If it runs when you hit the tank then that should do the trick. One pump had a loose wire in the tank.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is a buss fuse under the cover on the tank. There is a good chance it is loose (inside or out). Any crude [in the bottom] that can get picked up empty will get picked up full.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dang!!! Wish I had found them when I was looking for a pump. But, then again, I was stuck and Murray is about a 45 minute drive from me. I'll store that one away for future reference. Thanx Gimp, you're the best.

It just amazes me that people get away with some of these prices. Wish I had known you were looking too. Not too long ago, I was selling NIB pumps for $180. Wish I had more.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
update trucks running. the stupid shut off shift post a couple in a day or so. also still looking for a front drive shaft, and a set off lockers now

phil2968

Good to hear you have it running now. That stuck shut off cable has gotton a few folks! My phone died this evening during our talk, sorry. I should have had it charging. Maybe sixspeed will come through with that driveshaft. I will see you at the rally!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks