• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydroboost Repair-Leak Fluid Drivers Side Floor

TedO

I cant get the mounting plate nut off. It was torqued to 110 ft lbs. I have soaked it in penetrating oil, hit it with the torch, and pounded on it with the chisel.

You mentioned using a punch? Where should I hit it with a punch? I dont think my chisel is effective. I must not be hitting it in a good spot. I tap it in the small spot between nut and mounting plate, then tilt the chisel over and it it with the chisel angled toward the counter clockwise direction. I could try an air chisel.

AJ

My rod retaining clip shot off into the wild blue yonder. Any suggestions where I could get a new one?
Thanks for the instructions CARNAC. The power booster refit was going well until this happened.

cucvrus

Rod retaining clip? How about a better description and maybe a diagram depicting this item. I may be able to help. I have tons of parts. I helped someone else out with one of these before. Is it a sprag star washer? I even see New Zealand. Let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks