• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydroboost Repair-Leak Fluid Drivers Side Floor

TedO

I cant get the mounting plate nut off. It was torqued to 110 ft lbs. I have soaked it in penetrating oil, hit it with the torch, and pounded on it with the chisel.

You mentioned using a punch? Where should I hit it with a punch? I dont think my chisel is effective. I must not be hitting it in a good spot. I tap it in the small spot between nut and mounting plate, then tilt the chisel over and it it with the chisel angled toward the counter clockwise direction. I could try an air chisel.

AJ

My rod retaining clip shot off into the wild blue yonder. Any suggestions where I could get a new one?
Thanks for the instructions CARNAC. The power booster refit was going well until this happened.

cucvrus

Rod retaining clip? How about a better description and maybe a diagram depicting this item. I may be able to help. I have tons of parts. I helped someone else out with one of these before. Is it a sprag star washer? I even see New Zealand. Let me know.