• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this wheel unusable?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet things have changed over there.
There was nothing but 25 miles from LH to Georgetown, I mean a farm house or two and that was it.
There was also about 40 miles of nothing between LH and Austin, Ceder Park was nothing but a gravel "rest area" with a couple concrete tables and a few trees.
IIRC they had installed one flashing light on 29 in LH just before I moved.
There was a 4 way stop sign at 29 and 183, not even a flashing light and there was an old gas station and a mom and pop "western" store catty corner to the gas station, and that was it on 183 for many miles in ether direction.
You wouldn't recognize it now. Probably well over a dozen traffic lights between Liberty Hill and G'town on 29, more going in. Thousands (literally) of houses built and being built along 29. Hwy 183 through Cedar Park and Leander is all city now. As mentioned above, the toll road (inventions of the devil!) is currently under construction at 183/29. Liberty Hill has changed from sleepy little town to thriving metropolis under construction, amazing differences in just the last 5 years. "The traffic light" is now just one of around 10. Even Bertram is growing fast, but still just one traffic light.

My 'near Austin' location on my SS ID served me well when I lived outside Liberty Hill, because I doubt many folk on here could tell where that was, but have likely heard of Austin. My now location 'near Bertram' would be even more obscure!

Cheers

nairb

You wouldn't recognize it now. Probably well over a dozen traffic lights between Liberty Hill and G'town on 29, more going in. Thousands (literally) of houses built and being built along 29. Hwy 183 through Cedar Park and Leander is all city now. As mentioned above, the toll road (inventions of the devil!) is currently under construction at 183/29. Liberty Hill has changed from sleepy little town to thriving metropolis under construction, amazing differences in just the last 5 years. "The traffic light" is now just one of around 10. Even Bertram is growing fast, but still just one traffic light.

My 'near Austin' location on my SS ID served me well when I lived outside Liberty Hill, because I doubt many folk on here could tell where that was, but have likely heard of Austin. My now location 'near Bertram' would be even more obscure!

Cheers
Howdy neighbor!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks