• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Power Dist Panel test point threads?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the thread size for the X1, X2, and X3 test/power points in the PdP?

I have gone through my Metric bolts and don't find a match. Must be a seldom used thread pitch.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Danged if I know. Maybe a 1 mm pitch, fine thread, instead of 1.5? Thought they had to be metric. Everything else on the truck seems to be.

SAE 5/16 was tried but maybe not fine thread.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Danged if I know. Maybe a 1 mm pitch, fine thread, instead of 1.5? Thought they had to be metric. Everything else on the truck seems to be.

SAE 5/16 was tried but maybe not fine thread.
There's plenty of non-metric on the truck. One thing that comes to mind immediately is the lug nuts, and another that I just did last weekend is the u-joints - the cap bolts are 5/16" x 24 (I chased them all with a tap)..... pretty much everything on the axles is SAE now that I think on it.

There's a LOT of 10-32 all over the place on my M1079 shelter. The factory used the hell out of 10-32 rivet nuts. That's size #10, 32 threads per INCH.

Some of the confusion probably stems from the cross-over nature of some of the hex sizes used for fastener heads - 1/2" and 13mm, 9/16" and 14mm, 3/4" and 19mm being often interchangeable without noticing.

The cab and some of the other bits are licensed from Steyr and thus are very much metric. So there's a mix. But PLENTY of SAE still evident.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my A0 truck, the (X1) +24V and (X2) +12V DC taps are 5/16"-18TPI and ~3/8" deep. The (X3) ground tap is 1/4"-20TPI and ~11/32" deep.