• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Power Dist Panel test point threads?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the thread size for the X1, X2, and X3 test/power points in the PdP?

I have gone through my Metric bolts and don't find a match. Must be a seldom used thread pitch.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Danged if I know. Maybe a 1 mm pitch, fine thread, instead of 1.5? Thought they had to be metric. Everything else on the truck seems to be.

SAE 5/16 was tried but maybe not fine thread.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Danged if I know. Maybe a 1 mm pitch, fine thread, instead of 1.5? Thought they had to be metric. Everything else on the truck seems to be.

SAE 5/16 was tried but maybe not fine thread.
There's plenty of non-metric on the truck. One thing that comes to mind immediately is the lug nuts, and another that I just did last weekend is the u-joints - the cap bolts are 5/16" x 24 (I chased them all with a tap)..... pretty much everything on the axles is SAE now that I think on it.

There's a LOT of 10-32 all over the place on my M1079 shelter. The factory used the hell out of 10-32 rivet nuts. That's size #10, 32 threads per INCH.

Some of the confusion probably stems from the cross-over nature of some of the hex sizes used for fastener heads - 1/2" and 13mm, 9/16" and 14mm, 3/4" and 19mm being often interchangeable without noticing.

The cab and some of the other bits are licensed from Steyr and thus are very much metric. So there's a mix. But PLENTY of SAE still evident.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my A0 truck, the (X1) +24V and (X2) +12V DC taps are 5/16"-18TPI and ~3/8" deep. The (X3) ground tap is 1/4"-20TPI and ~11/32" deep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks