• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should have 11.00-20 bias.

ke5eua

Alright, called several places and even ntb and nobody carries 11x20.

So, anyone along I-10 heading from Beaumont to El Paso have and 395s on fmtv wheels, 8 that would like to sell?

jasonjc

Try southern tire mart they are all across TX LA FL. I asked about 9.00-20's last week they had 10 in stock for 180.00 ea. I bet they would have 11.00-20's.

ke5eua

Try southern tire mart they are all across TX LA FL. I asked about 9.00-20's last week they had 10 in stock for 180.00 ea. I bet they would have 11.00-20's.
Called the one in Beaumont, nope. He referred me to someone else, nope.

I've been thinking about going 395s so now seems like a good time, lol

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GENSCO on Friendly Rd in Houston has 395s and 11.00-20 NDCCs and can help with mounting etc. 713-694-2211

ke5eua

So stopped for the night. Parked the 818 at my buddies in Sam Houston.

Decided to fly to bliss and pick up the het. I'll drive it and pick up my truck on the way back.

I was worried about my tires so decided to go this route instead.

Talked to the guy at bliss to make sure he would let me drive off and no issues.

I will do a full pmcs, don't worry.

More to follow.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 10 new(look like new) ndt 11.00-20 tires in Slidell La(in our classifieds).

AZ Mitch

good grub

For some good food while in E. P., I recommend ( State Line Bar-B-Q ) . Just around the horn, a little west of downtown. :beer:

ke5eua

For some good food while in E. P., I recommend ( State Line Bar-B-Q ) . Just around the horn, a little west of downtown. :beer:
I've got all day tomorrow. Plane lands at ~0100, check into hotel, sleep for a few hours, get a cab to bliss and pickup truck. Head back to hotel, sleep some more, lol and get on the road later that evening.

I couldn't justify paying for a hotel room and only using it for a couple hours.

ke5eua

Ok so while I'm waiting for the wrecker let me get your thoughts on this.

Since it is a het and it has the big boy engine do I need to put 4 hawkers in or can I get away with how I did on my 818, 2 group 31's or bigger.

Thanks mod for deleting.

ke5eua

Oh and jeep, I left the 818 with my buddy in San Antonio and fly to El Paso. I have a long set of cables in the 818, and a booster pack.

Lot of good it does me now, lol

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
736 cubic inches is a big boy? Two 31's should bust it off. Wrecker?? What's the story there?

ke5eua

Wrecker was a joke. I talked to them before they came out and said I need a 24v system not 12v. Guy to me no problem and sends out a medium duty truck. Tells me they jump off semis all the time with it.

I don't think he realizes when someone says they need 24v it's probably for a reason.

I'm eying napa right now and going to go over and get two gp31's and a set of cables and jump it myself to get out the road and put them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks