• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an Exide retailer 5 blocks from you at 11 Founders Blvd, 31's in stock, she is waiting on you, sounded cute!

ke5eua

Ndt you make me laugh.

I was right across from napa so I just walked over got 2 gp31s and put them in.

She started right up and the 24 gauge shows 28 when running.

We are a go at this station.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whohoo! Sounds like get POL'd up, snag a cooler with 5 gallons of ice water, and point that big girl east and put the hammer down!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toot the horn when you blow by exit 748, I'll be in my boring office right by I-10 doing my boring job, living vicariously through you.

ke5eua

No problem.

I'm gonna stay the night at my buddies when I get back to sa so there will be my 818 and the het in his neighborhood.

Mps might come and knock on the door, lol.

ke5eua

So stopped for the night.

The first 120 miles went great once I got going.

Truck drives great, I know the buyer will enjoy it.

You really get a sense of how slow 45 really is sitting that high up.

Here are some pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403220028.530375.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403220045.663764.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403220058.648430.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403220073.366569.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403220088.800944.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403220108.339392.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403220121.853805.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403220136.371805.jpg

FloridaAKM

Thanks for the pictures, that gives a clear idea of how BIG that thing is. Good Lord, it is huge. Good luck on getting her to her new owner & you home safely in the XM818!

HETvet

So what is she doing a mileage? Also, I've talked to the buyer, I will tell you as well; that's a 377 truck. Be COGNIZANT of that fact! I have some horror stories about them from personal experience and know their practices is NOT just a COC issue. We can talk off line if you like. Just please be careful and o hope the trip is slow and smooth for you.

ke5eua

Did 400 miles today no issues at all.

Once I got the roof unit to stay open I got some good breeze on my neck.

Went through a couple patches of rain and windshield whippers worked well.

Cross winds were a b, but worked though it.

San Antonio traffic was amusing, no body wanted to get close to me.

Fuel wise, I topped off when I left. Drove 400 miles and the gauge shows right in the yellow

Now the gauge was about an 1/8th off when I topped off, but I think that is pretty good for driving though the hills and dealing with cross winds and head winds.

Tomorrow I am going to apply grease to the steering arms as I was a little concerned about it being a little stif.

When I parked my buddy was like a kid on Christmas. He used to work on them so he was climbing all over. I turned on the pto and we turned the main winches.

As far as 377, I was in a msb for about 5 years. I know how hets are treated so I spent about 30 mins before I even got in it. I am not about to drive 2000 miles in a vehicle I am not sure would make it. I was mad about the battery issue but it was expected. When I put the gp31 batteries in a couple of the hawker batteries said dead on them.

Well time to shower and sleep. Tomorrow is another day, and I will spend time going over it some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks