• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 RV Conversion

M1031CMT

You guys know you can subscribe without actually posting in a thread.

Just go to the right side of the screen, and under "Thread Tools" there is a choice to "Subscribe to this thread".

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys know you can subscribe without actually posting in a thread.

Just go to the right side of the screen, and under "Thread Tools" there is a choice to "Subscribe to this thread".
Thanks, I did not know that. I hate posting "subscribed".

armytruck63

Don't admit to viewing Steel Soldiers at work or you will be accused of being solely responsible for the decline of Western Civilization.

(Just kidding).

Clay James

Update with some progress.

Don't admit to viewing Steel Soldiers at work or you will be accused of being solely responsible for the decline of Western Civilization.

(Just kidding).
At least I'll have somewhere to stay when I get this done. You should be working at work[thumbzup]

usafe7ret

A quick tip for getting the flooring to "fit" the edge is to get is as close as possible, then take on of the old fashioned "compass" tools for drawing a circle. Place the metal point against the wall and the pencil on the flooring wood and draw your line. Then trim to the pencil line and it will fit.

You should really leave a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between the flooring and the wall and then just cover that with trim. This will keep the floating floor "floating".

usafe7ret

Double posted. Where is the ability to delete my own posts? Every time I reply to a post, it double posts.

Easiest way I guess is to not post any more, but if anyone knows why this is happening and how to correct/delete, please help a brother out! :)

Last edited:

Clay James

Where did you pick up your 109 clay? And would you suggest looking for the multifuel or the cat engine equippped model?
I would recommend the multi. It's pretty reliable and way cheaper to fix than the Cat. Most deuces have them and it's a pretty simple engine, so when somehing breaks it's not that hard to fix. I do like the M109A4s though. They're basically new from the early 90s and most I've seen have less than a few hundred miles, so they were mostly unused. An M109A4 with a multi, especially a LDS, would be a sweet setup.

A quick tip for getting the flooring to "fit" the edge is to get is as close as possible, then take on of the old fashioned "compass" tools for drawing a circle. Place the metal point against the wall and the pencil on the flooring wood and draw your line. Then trim to the pencil line and it will fit.

You should really leave a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between the flooring and the wall and then just cover that with trim. This will keep the floating floor "floating".
Thanks, I'll try that. This is my first experience with floors so I don't know the tricks yet. I did leave the gap as per instructions. I measured it at the widest part of the wall which is where the spacer is. I'm definitely putting trim around that side of the wall under the cabinets. The other walls I'm putting wainscoting on.

zout

Yeah - I had the entire thread removed.

I will never add that much weight to a deuce and half again and to that extreme - just a word of advice. Watch your weight cause you will pay for it all in the end. I have not turned mine up nor have I even thought about it - I just live with it and work accordingly to what is stowed away.

Looking forward to seeing pics of what you are thinking and what you want to build. That is what makes our trucks OURS - individuality. Nothing is right and nothing is wrong - ITS OURS.

Keep the pics coming in and do not be discouraged by anything -we may spout off if we see something that may be a safety hazzard to you.

There are many a folk here with awesome 109's in all kinds of configurations and I enjoy seeing all of them. Better start using up some of them reserved spaced with PICS soon.

Clay James

I am taking weight into consideration. The 109 box is pretty heavy already and adding the floors and cabinets add a bit more weight. I'll also be pulling a hard top M105a2 with extra fuel and tools on my long distance trips, so this setup will be heavy. Before I added anything it was already close to the edge of what the LDT could do, but it still has decent power. I'm following that split brake thread, would really like to put that on this truck.

rwbrown72

This is interesting. I'm building out a 109a4 and will be pulling a mkt behind it..... I'll be going slooooow, but I'll eat good when I get there! :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks