• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802/803 Filters and Parts

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

A good thread for MEP-8xx owners

Last edited:

dav5

I reached out to the moderators and asked what the mechanism is for creating a Sticky. The reply I got from Willwagner one of the moderators was to "post the P/N's and cross over numbers". I have no idea what he means and asked for clarification. No reply so far. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate hearing them. I wouldn't want to see this thread lost.

Firebrand

Thanks for sharing this vital source of information and support for all MEP owners! I look forward to seeing and then printing for reference the updated listing.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy
Another add-on item

For your information. The MEP-8xx engines are DN2M and DN4M. The engine design is licensed to ONAN. The design is a Lister-Petter LPW2 and LPW4 engine.

MEP-8xx Fuel return TEE 4730-01-357-8706
Onan part# 186-6177
Lister-Petter part# 751-13100

Zed254

Can any one confirm that the napa 3348 cartrage fuel filter comes with all 4 of the needed gaskets?
I'm guessing no. This outfit shows 1 gasket with the filter: https://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/33348.html .... and they reference a special order gasket pack. But they don't sell the gasket pack!!! I found a listing here that at least shows the 2 'missing' gaskets: https://www.opticatonline.com/part/wix-15398-engine-oil-filter-gasket . Rockauto has the gasket pack: https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=15398

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That filter comes with just a single gasket, which fits the 802/803 fuel filter cup just fine.

smokem joe

So what gasket does it come with? The filter to housing, bolt to bowl or bowl to housing?
It comes with bowl to housing gasket. I ordered several packs of the other gaskets from Rock Auto to have on hand. Seems like every unit has at least one of the bolt to bowl gaskets that are shot.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you only need the single gasket for this fuel filter install. At least I have never seen/replaced another for this part.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back when I had my 002, the Fram units I used had all the extra gaskets for alternate uses... always just ended up tossing them. Think that would be the same case here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks