• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Militaryoffroadtires .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not expect any replies from him on this site, he was banned.

Anyone can pay and be a vendor on SS, but we(the staff) have expectations/standards that must be met to sell as a vendor on the site.

He failed to meet those standards..

Last edited:

Drock

I'm glad I saw this post ,I was thinking about doing the Humvee tire and wheel thing to my m1028. So where is a good place to buy these wheels and tires?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want the early style radials, Goodyear Wrangler M/T on 12-bolt wheels call Derek 423-255-6509. Exit 345 on I-75, + 1/2 mile.

G.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

I had a bad dealing with him about 2 years ago at the GA Rally.

He had a flat tire on the back of his Military truck and called a tire service company to come out and fix it.

I had a flat tire on my gooseneck trailer at the same time, so I jacked the trailer up and removed the tire myself. I saw the tire service truck and asked if he had a new tire by chance. No such luck, but he did back in town. I gave him my flat and said I would go into town later and pick it up.

When I picked up the new tire a few hours later, I not only paid for a new tire, but was charged half of a road service charge. When I asked about the extra charge they said the other guy said I was going to pay half of the fee.

Carlo

He had a flat tire on the back of his Military truck and called a tire service company to come out and fix it.

I had a flat tire on my gooseneck trailer at the same time, so I jacked the trailer up and removed the tire myself. I saw the tire service truck and asked if he had a new tire by chance. No such luck, but he did back in town. I gave him my flat and said I would go into town later and pick it up.

When I picked up the new tire a few hours later, I not only paid for a new tire, but was charged half of a road service charge. When I asked about the extra charge they said the other guy said I was going to pay half of the fee.
Sounds like a slick hustler! I've heard of people like this in films but I dud not know they really existed.

lostintexas

I don't know the guy but I would bet the tire service was the ones doing the underhanded deal and the first guy paid full price and they then charged you again and the 1/2 you paid was pure profit. Maybe he did but I think this is more likely.

Stonepicker1

I don't know the guy but I would bet the tire service was the ones doing the underhanded deal and the first guy paid full price and they then charged you again and the 1/2 you paid was pure profit. Maybe he did but I think this is more likely.
Not how it happened.

When I was removing my flat tire the guy came over to me and said we could split the service charge. I said the service truck tech didn't have a tire for my trailer and that I would be making the trip into town and pick it up.

I wasn't going to split a road service fee when nothing was done.

The tire shop owner and his wife were good people and I would buy from them again. They cut me a deal and took some of the charges off the bill after I told them that I didn't agree to splitting the road fee with the guy.

They are Military friendly and I told them all about the GA rally and they were very impressed.

Woodsplinter

Good of you to get all the facts before jumping to the wrong conclusion.

lostintexas

Well he has been here since August of last year, he knows everything...
Cucvnut,

Never said I knew anything about the situation. I simply proposed a different scenario that until StonePicker added the rest of the story was a possibility. No reason to be condescending when I was simply proposing a possibility. You're right, I've only been around a short time and 99% of my posts have been asking questions with only providing help when I felt I had meaningful information to contribute. Unlike you I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm a big boy and can admit when I was wrong and in my possible scenario I presented I was wrong.

Cucvnut

Cucvnut,

Never said I knew anything about the situation. I simply proposed a different scenario that until StonePicker added the rest of the story was a possibility. No reason to be condescending when I was simply proposing a possibility. You're right, I've only been around a short time and 99% of my posts have been asking questions with only providing help when I felt I had meaningful information to contribute. Unlike you I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm a big boy and can admit when I was wrong and in my possible scenario I presented I was wrong.
Allright, allright, allright, [thumbzup]:driver:

jeepist

Hopefully John has the balls to reply to my emails, phone calls, Facebook messages or even a crumpled up post it note would suffice.

Stay away from this clown!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Chameli is a THEIF!!!!

This clown will put unauthorized charges on your credit card. I have turned him into the fraud department of my bank and others.

Try calling his phone numbers! Cell phones without voice mail?? Really.

Be aware that you too could be ripped off by this shifty business. Just look at their BBC rating -F-

While I have no dog in this fight it sounds to me like the above poster simply did a google search for the business' web site, found a thread here about the business, then signed up to SS for the sole purpose of bashing him - seeing as he just signed up and his only post is on this thread. Highly unlikely that he just stumbled upon it after joining up.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

Mebbe so.

The only question that matters is, "Is he telling the truth?".

I agree there's not much credibility in two posts, but then, we don't really know.

Just because he's mad doesn't mean he's lying.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just because he's mad doesn't mean he's lying.
Not at all. I just don't like it when someone drops in for the sole purpose of something like that. If you're here and throw that out, okay, but just signing up for no other reason? And of course, I could be wrong and he'll be here the next ten years posting. But I'm not really expecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.