• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1990 GMC Suburban CUCV clone AKA: M1007 or M1029

PETE BALLARD

In the pictures someone had parts drying over the house door area - looked like the schackles, my wife would never let me get away with that - you did a great job and the paint lqqks great!!!!!

Crash_AF

Hey K9,
I know you were trying to sell this, did you?

I'm getting ready to put a CUCV rear step bumper on my Sub and was wondering if you had any tips/pics of yours to help me figure out how best to do it. I don't have a plasma cutter, so anything to help me out would be great.

Thanks

K9Vic

Hey K9,
I know you were trying to sell this, did you?

I'm getting ready to put a CUCV rear step bumper on my Sub and was wondering if you had any tips/pics of yours to help me figure out how best to do it. I don't have a plasma cutter, so anything to help me out would be great.

Thanks
I think I forgot to reply to this, sorry about that.

I did sell it about a month ago, however I am in the process of getting another one. I am picking up a 1984 Chevy Suburban 6.2L w/700R4, 4X4, 3/4 ton this weekend that will be my second CUCV M1007/M1029 clone. The only drawback to this Suburban is rear tailgate (no cargo doors), dual front headlights.

I am probably going to do the rear step bumper differently this time so I can retain the Class-V hitch setup. So if you can wait a few weeks I can start that project first and take notes and pictures. I have the front and rear CUCV bumpers & shackles already, so it will be a quick build.

I started a new thread for Suburban CUCV clone #2, see link below.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...0-4x4-3-4-ton-CUCV-clone-2-AKA-M1007-or-M1029

Last edited:

Crash_AF

I look forward to it. My Sub's a tailgate/quad headlight model too. I'm going to do the relay mod to get single headlights, and look forward to seeing what you do with the hitch/step bumper setup.

Later