• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Cab upgrades

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nicely done you certainly have a lot of time into that long list of improvements, it turned out great! Nice Job
KK

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lucas is a oil replacement/enhancer. There are several kinds available.
Go to NAPA to see it and get details. Works great in old trucks.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
That cab upgrade looks great! I'd like to do something similar in my HMMWV. The original floor mats are missing, the center hump pads are ratty, and I'd like to quiet it down a lot. I'm also considering fabricating a 2-door hard top and hard rear wall. The ram air coming down the front of my commo shelter whips the snot out of my soft rear cab wall.

[thumbzup]

jp-234

Thanks guys I really appreciate all of the nice comments. I started this in August and just finished last weekend, I had hoped to have it done before christmas but was out of town a lot for work until november after that there was weather, holidays and family medical emergency's and the list goes on. It didn't seem like that big of a deal when I started but seemed to drag on and on.

The sound level reduction is hard to answer, I can't give you any hard numbers on that but can tell you at an idle up through 4 gear is very pleasant in 5th gear at 50 mph you can still have a conversation without raising your voice.

Recovry4x4 - I Had a good laugh when I read your comment, it was a good bet. Not sure how much you spent on your truck. I spent more on the interior then my truck cost and the 1100 mile recovery to get it home.

TMNT - I purchased the heater bulkhead fittings from Nostalgic Air Parts P/N BK 626

seano11 - The Elite 80 seats came with a 4" riser that I removed from the bottom of the frame and I also had new mounting plates made to mount to the floor. I didn't want to weld the seat base to the base plate so I installed some carriage bolts from the bottom up and had them welded. I did have to play with positioning the seats to make sure the arm rest would clear the door handles, parking brake and the cover over the transfer case also moved the driver seat air switches from the left side to the right side of the seat because of the parking brake lever.

Rayser - I ordered the paint from Rapcoparts it is the forest green P/N 34079 Thats on the interior.

Heath_h49008 - The windshield wiper motor kit is part number EW-24 I picked mine up from Oshkosh Equipment but I have seen them on other sites. They only have one speed.
I used Zilla mat extreme sound deadening 80 mil 50 sqft 2 rolls.

mcmullag - As for my day time job I'm an aircraft mechanic I work on both helicopters and airplanes.

Steelandcanvas- You can leave your shoes on I'll put down an extra floor mat LOL

Thanks again guys

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is some beautiful work. Would like to catch a ride one of these days and hear the difference!

Thanks for the great ideas.

ALFA2

That is one detailed cab upgrade, and it happens to come with pictures and almost a step by step instructions.... Thanks for posting this, good motivation and guide on how to.

ALFA2

jp-234

Beerslayer lets get together soon, would like to get a second opinion on the noise level.

AN/ARC186 - I'll check the upcoming events and rally forum and see if I can make it to any of the events.

59apache - The first link you posted on ebay is the same wiper motors, you might search some more I think you can find them for cheaper.

Quickfarms - The sound deadening material is Zilla mat at zillmat.com. The carpet is called Dynadeck it's actually made up of one thin layer of textured vinyl one layer of rubber and one layer of foam, very nice material. I searched google to find the cheapest prices, I ended up buying it from 3 different companies.

Stein12501 - If you want to be here by next week you should have started driving this direction last week.

Take care guys

rrrr

I would enjoy seeing your truck in person. You've done something to be proud of !

I did an instrument upgrade and really like the added information it provides. I did not turn up my IP.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks