• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Cab upgrades

59apache

Chipmaker
@jp-234
the problem with anything MV related is, that the most sellers wan't / can't export.

if i see it correct, Oshkosh listed them under MB parts, so there is a good chance that the civy jeep wipers fit.

and Summit listed them for 40 bucks...:mrgreen:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would enjoy seeing your truck in person. You've done something to be proud of !

I did an instrument upgrade and really like the added information it provides. I did not turn up my IP.
Wow! Where ~did you get that correct looking speedometer that goes up to 70 MPH?

Can you share part number and vendor?

Thanks!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

rrrr

Here it is with the hemmt's and 395's. I'm very pleased. The truck likes to cruise around 58mph. Rear hubs were flipped also.

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

I dont like it at all, its too clean and pretty to drive. We cant have that in a MV. lol

Very nice work there. Im just suprissed to not see an A/C unit and DVD player. Seems you have everything else there.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't know Lexus was building military trucks?:lol: It looks great with a lot of attention to detail...platoon sergeants around the world would be proud[thumbzup] Burning question...did you put back the red fuzzy dice?? Those are cool...got a black set of dice myself. A gift from the wife.

jp-234

Deuceswild11 - I originally looked for the seats online but couldn't bring myself to pay for shipping cost. I found them locally at the Peterbilt dealer and they were on sale at the time so I saved 400 dollars plus no shipping cost. When I moved the air switches from the left side of the drivers seat to the right side I had one airline for the lumbar support that wasn't long enough, called the manufacture and they sent me two barbed fittings and hose to splice in free of charge.

MyothersonM1 - My wife also got me the dice they were hanging in the truck when I got home from work... oh and she also named my truck The Big Ugly, Im guessing it's not the only deuce out there with this name.

A/C Cages - No A/C or DVD player in the plans...sorry. I do want to come up with some kind of center console between the seats so I can add a stereo and the remote controls for my Go-light spot light, thats about all I have planned for the inside.

rrrr - Your desert tan deuce is sweet, now I need to some 395's, winch, and cargo cover. Your instrument panel is loaded nice job, do you have numbers for your pyro and boost gauges?

rrrr

Pyro gauge:

R3607TR - ISSPRO EV Auto - Red Pointers: Pyrometers / EGT Gauges - egauges.com

Probe:

R658SPL: Pyrometer Thermocouples and Accessories: Type K Thermocouples - 2.5" Probe Length - ISSPRO - egauges.com

Lead extension:

R660-10PL: Pyrometer Thermocouples and Accessories: Lead Wires - High Temp - ISSPRO - egauges.com

Boost: 0-15psi kit

VDO: Vision Black Series Gauges: Boost and Turbocharger Gauges - eGauges.com

The gauges are correct. Not sure about the probe and extension. Call them and they can clarify. You also need a drill bit and tap to thread a hole in the exhaust manifold. I drilled mine then when close to busting through the wall I started the motor and slowly drilled out the hole and taped it with the motor running. This was to minimize metal possibly going into the exhaust. I also put some grease on the drill bit and tap to aid in capturing metal bits. No issues a year later and I really like knowing how hard the motor is working. I have not and will not turn up my IP. It runs strong now so no need.

There is already a threaded hole for the boost on the intake.

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

Sounds like you need to get a 20mm ammo can for a center console. Painted green or black, with cupholders and plenty of space for electronics, and lockable with some small modifications....

TMNT

Pyro gauge:

R3607TR - ISSPRO EV Auto - Red Pointers: Pyrometers / EGT Gauges - egauges.com

Probe:

R658SPL: Pyrometer Thermocouples and Accessories: Type K Thermocouples - 2.5" Probe Length - ISSPRO - egauges.com

Lead extension:

R660-10PL: Pyrometer Thermocouples and Accessories: Lead Wires - High Temp - ISSPRO - egauges.com

Boost: 0-15psi kit

VDO: Vision Black Series Gauges: Boost and Turbocharger Gauges - eGauges.com

The gauges are correct. Not sure about the probe and extension. Call them and they can clarify. You also need a drill bit and tap to thread a hole in the exhaust manifold. I drilled mine then when close to busting through the wall I started the motor and slowly drilled out the hole and taped it with the motor running. This was to minimize metal possibly going into the exhaust. I also put some grease on the drill bit and tap to aid in capturing metal bits. No issues a year later and I really like knowing how hard the motor is working. I have not and will not turn up my IP. It runs strong now so no need.

There is already a threaded hole for the boost on the intake.

Thanks very much for the info. I just talked to Mac at egauges.com and he confirmed that the parts referenced above for the pyro are correct. You do have to specify that you want 24V bulbs for the illumination. The gauge comes standard with 12V T-5 bulbs and you want R7783 24V bulbs. I also ordered a mounting cup that mounts the gauge on the steering column. The part number for that is ATM2204. That way I don't have to cut any more holes in the dash and it puts the Pyro right in front of me so no excuses for not keeping an eye on it. I'll have to see how bright the gauge illumination is after I install it, but I expect I'll need to install a dimmer to turn it down some. Compared to everything else in the cab of a deuce, the pyro will probably look like a search light at night! Maybe I can find a way to change it to red light to match the stock dash lights.

I didn't discuss the boost gauge with Mac as I'm not ordering that right now.

135gmc

Absolutely, positively, definitely, 100% perfect. It looks down right beautiful. Warmer, quieter - all the good stuff. I really like how the muffler tucks in nice and neat.

rrrr

I just wired the two gauges in series so I didn't have to get 24v bulbs. They are a little brighter but not bad.

Recy Mech

Thank your Sir

I think all the superlatives have been used to describe your interior, I can only add my thanks and a great inspiration for my Deuce.

What do they say - "imitation is the best form of flattery."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks