• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce is broken and I need help getting it back together

This horse ain't dead yet....
As part of our learning experience, I think that oversized tires and/or modified wheels should be taken into consideration, when PMing these trucks. Oversized tires do effect bearing pressure. Maybe bearing maintenance is required at less than 1000 mile intervals.
I check my hub temperature at most every stop. And you never know what you got til you see it yourself.
Be glad you were not loaded with those tons of stone.

ARYankee

This horse ain't dead yet....
As part of our learning experience, I think that oversized tires and/or modified wheels should be taken into consideration, when PMing these trucks. Oversized tires do effect bearing pressure. Maybe bearing maintenance is required at less than 1000 mile intervals.
I check my hub temperature at most every stop. And you never know what you got til you see it yourself.
Be glad you were not loaded with those tons of stone.
Yes I would agree with that. I usually check my hubs every time I stop. Now I don't agree with tearing the guy down and chastising him for a breakdown. We are all learning and are all human.

kennys@wi.rr.com

As a person who recoveres trucks and trailers for others and then will go through the vehicle for the buyer, it's things like this that bother me. This is not the first time I have heard of someone buying a vehicle that was "gone through and serviced" by the seller. We would all like to believe that what we are being sold is an accurate description of what was done. Let us all learn at least one lesson from this, if you purchase a vehicle plan on going through it yourself very soon after taking possesion of it. Or if you don't know how, try to get proof that it was done, such as old parts, pictures, or looking over the shoulder of the one doing it. I know there are plenty of good people out there that do what they say, but all it takes is a few that do not and we end up with stories like these.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks