• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

We had an issue last year where a "friend of a friend" that was attending had his hogleg out in the open. We explained the rules to him and he stashed it and it was not an issue. As PB put it we have plenty of firepower if we need it we just don't want to give the impression that we are some sort of militia outfit (not that we couldn't be if the National interest required it).
As much as I hate to admit it there are people in the Fourth Estate that need little reason to go on an anti-gun tangent.
We just keep them concealed and rest easy knowing that it's better to have it (concealed) and not need it than to need it and not have it.

poppop

I agree that OC'ing is not the thing to do. I have a license and a firearm will be available, but not displayed. I think most of the People here are Military and know to be prepared for anything. If needed I am sure we can handle anything that comes up, but we all know being prepared does not have to be advertised, and in fact is better not to be.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a firm believer in the 2nd, I can't honestly tell someone they can't invoke their rights. But I can say that OCing isn't inline with the image we want the group to display to the public.
Sure, it's legal to OC, and usually it's not a big deal in my opinion. However, when some kid can't keep his fingers off his piece and decides to constantly fiddle with it in front of his buddies while pouring liquor down his throat, I'd say management or the group would be justified in asking him to leave.

It's not my preference to draw attention to myself with OC, but some folks feel the need for the attention, more power to them but not if their inept behavior puts us at risk. I agree with all of the above. Conceal it or keep it in the truck. If you're drinking, lock up your shooter in your truck, cabin, or camper.
:beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
. If you're drinking, lock up your shooter in your truck, cabin, or camper.
:beer:
This is why you never see me drinking. Only 2 folks at the rally have ever seen me drink even a drop.

ATTENTION RALLYGOERS. Please check your archives for pics of Tigger. If you have any, please donate a few seconds of your time and print them. PRINT them please. We are having a memorial for Matthew and I'd like to load up a poster board or two and by having folks add pics and such, it keeps the memorial dynamic. Once the rally concludes, I'd like to send all the stuff we accumulate to Matthews family. We are 12 days out, expect daily reminders for the Tigger pics!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright, listen up folks.

We are now less than 2 weeks out. So you need to make sure that you have:

• Serviced your vehicles and equipment so they are safe and reliable.
  • Have a plan for lodging (camping, cabin, RV, etc.)
  • Have a travel plan for getting to the event and back home.

You need to tell your army truck friends about the event and anyone you know who has been on the fence about the rally needs to know about it. The event is a great opportunity for a potential hobbyist to be introduced to the hobby.

Remember, when you get to the event the first thing you need to do, before anything else, is check in at the Registration Tent so Recovry4x4 and his team of customer service experts can direct you to the correct location and make sure you've paid who you need to pay.

Remember: Everyone on the field will have some type of armband from Durhamtown: Either a drivers armband or a spectator/passenger armband. If you do not, a rally official will see you and direct you to the Durhamtown lodge to get one. This is a zero-tolerance policy.

The last week has been a little cooler than we typically see in September, so prepare accordingly. The rally has been a little too warm during the day the last couple of years and we may finally get lucky and be going back to the nice Fall weather everyone enjoys.

The swap meet field will be laid out differently this year and I can't describe it here because it wouldn't make any sense until you actually see it. But when you get there, you'll be directed to the Swap Meet Sgt., he's the guy running the swap meet and he'll tell you where to go.

If you have any questions about the event, you can post them here or PM swbradley. I suppose if you ask nicely enough, I'll answer questions too. :cool:

People, this is the event to see and be seen at: We've grown non-stop since 2006 and last year had 109 powered military vehicles. If you wanna' go to an event that has swap meet, vehicle displays, offroading, convoys, camping, wreckerman's weird sense of inappropriate humor and a bigger turnout than practically any other event, this is the event you need to attend.

As Horrocks said: "Now, gentlemen, I'm not saying that this will be the easiest party that we've ever attended, but I still wouldn't miss it for the world."