• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow... can't believe the unseasonably cold weather we're having right now.:shock: It's only 75 and I'm thinking about going into hibernation!! Hope I make it another 12 days....BUT...it's usually colder up there in North Georgia!!:papabear:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok everyone, our Hardball Convoy Commander needs a videographer for the convoy.

Any volunteers?

No really, anyone?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many wreckers will be at rally.
I need to swap tires and wrecker would be quicker and safer I believe than jacking them up.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look up 73m819's posts earlier in the thread. He is THE wrecker operator at the rally, he'll help coordinate any wrecker assistance you need, and asks very little in return.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I know but will there be more than one there. Rons will be busy with motor lift.
Could use two on tire swap.

ke5eua

Alright so I've started getting the electronics out for packing and I figure I will end up bringing more than I need but that's fine by me.

Laptop /w 1TB external to store video from dash cams and of the rally
WiFi Pineapple Mark V
Alfa external wireless cards x2
Antenna analyzer
USB drive with misc linux distros on it and recovery / virus scanning software
Misc antenna connectors
If there is enough room I'll pack clothes too, lol

My packing list will grow when I get to Louisiana Monday and start digging out all the radio stuff.

Truck has to get done by the 5th so I should have time to finish up the wiring, change the tires to the 5 ton rims and put them on.

Still have to go get the trailer bed from crawdaddy, will coordinated that next week when I get the tires on.

Other than that, get the antennas on the mast, secure the sections in the pioneer rack and get on the road for fun in the sun.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any and all wrecker operations will be handled by the special operations group. Ron won't be doing them on his own so please remember that. No wrecker ops will be performed anywhere inside the main field this year. They will be done in the area past the registration/command tent back the road away from crowds.

RMTaunton is the SpecOpsSgt for the special projects like the engine swap, bed swap and anything else that may pop up.

Loadouts are being coordinated by Loadout Sgt Gimpyrobb.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK folks, we are approaching 10 days out from the Official Start! I hate to sound like a broken record but here goes. Please commit some time to going back through this thread. Lots of conversation has taken place and nearly as much forgotten. Keep yourself up to speed on events and the changes in this years event. Take the time to go through the Buy, Sell Swap thread as well. Make note of your commitments to your fellow members. If you have committed to buy something, follow through with it. You are only as good as your word. If your financial situation has changed, have the decency to contact the seller so that he doesn't miss an opportunity for a sale. Now, how do we contact each other? This has been a problem in the past. We are working towards having a dry erase board at the RT area for folks to use. The easiest and best way it to put a sign on your sales area or camping area so folks can find you. We have some borderline crazy members that think listing their state in their profile means the Gov't is coming for their guns, trucks, gensets, multicolored underwear and 60 watt bulbs. Get over it, do what you have to when they come but for now, post a sign at your AO so deals can be completed. The staff and volunteers work their cans off to put on a quality event, do your part to make things as smooth as possible. Most of all, have some fun! Enjoy the food, fellowship and trails. It's a top shelf event not to be missed!

wilfreeman

:tigger:

Logan is a sweetie. Looking forward to seeing her and her possum Blossom.

Elmo and Ellie Mae will be there.

Man I need Grandkids.
Hey Joe, how old is Logan? I'm bringing my daughter this year - she is almost 9. She wanted to meet her a couple of years ago when ya'll were camping behind the mkt, but she was too shy. We will be there Friday and Saturday.

joeM62

As long as my truck holds up I'll will be there Thursday very early
and all the guys that I'm buying parts from I'll be looking for you.
This is my 2nd rally since 2012 and I'm hoping to enjoy it this time.
Everyone have a safe trip to rally

phil2968

Well my weekend of prep, loading and vehicle prep has been interrupted by work. A 8 hour round trip to Miami plus maybe a hour servicing. The joys of being a road mechanic! Got an early start, 4:00 am. Hey Kenny I'm passing through!
Third trip down in a week!

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
... :jumpin: ... :naner: ... :twisted:... :naner: . .. :doghead: .. :mrgreen: .. :papabear: .. [thumbzup] ... :clinto:...... :beer:
OK. It's final (barring sickness or the DHS).

Things were stringing out here like there's no tomorrow with all kind of lines crossing etc etc, making decisions difficult. Whatever, we had a long talk about it and a hard look at the tight finances but I got the blessing of the CiC. She surprised me by saying that it might actually be crazy enough to be fun to go to the GA Rally with me (she likes the tramping idea, but a bunch of grown-ups messing around with old trucks smelling of diesel is not high on her to-experience list). We pondered this a it, but this morning she decided I will go alone and should be happy.

Guys and galls, this better be GOOD.

I am now looking around for final travel arrangements, cheapest flights, which airport to fly to, how to get some driving miles under my belt etc etc. I might need some logistic help as well. More to come this weekend, look also for the other GA Rally threads.