• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

Is there going to be an AAR thread this year? I have an idea to settle comms issues but was waiting to post it there.
The official AAR is closed to the rank and file. We tried it and it degenerated into a pissing contest and gripe fest. Only the principals can view the thread and make comments. If there are workable solutions to specific problems someone will post it in the open.

ke5eua

The official AAR is closed to the rank and file. We tried it and it degenerated into a pissing contest and gripe fest. Only the principals can view the thread and make comments. If there are workable solutions to specific problems someone will post it in the open.
IMHO that's not much of an actual aar.

Every aar that I've ever done or been a part of is done with all parties involved.

I understand how it could get out of hand quickly though.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about inviting a couple of the rank and file.
Some of the newer faces. It never hurts to get fresh ideas.
I agree open AAR may turn into a mess but you do need new insight.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur

Every aar that I've ever done or been a part of is done with all parties involved.
How about inviting a couple of the rank and file.
Some of the newer faces. It never hurts to get fresh ideas.
I agree open AAR may turn into a mess but you do need new insight.
It's not my circus......I'm just a clown that cooks in the MKT.

If the powers that be decide to hold an open AAR they will post it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Regarding an AAR (After Action Report) thread:

I will not start an AAR thread because in the past, all the hundreds of people who had a great time didn't bother to post what they enjoyed-all it was was 5-10 people griping about things.

If you attended the rally and there was something you felt could be improved, please PM me and explain what you liked and disliked. However, in order to keep it constructive, I expect reasonable suggestions and a willingness to help implement these suggestions. Your issue and identity will be kept between the two of us.

Every year I get people who have all sorts of ideas on how to make the rally better and almost without fail, these ideas require a lot of money and/or a huge volunteer staff, neither of which the rally has.

I appreciate everyone's desire to make the best and biggest rally in the Country better.

Thanks everybody!

C

Ford Mechanic

Any one here camp in one of the full hook up sites? Could you have made the turns into the camp ground and into the full hook up spots with a 5 ton pulling a 32ft camper? We just bought a new one this week end and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for attending next year!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Any one here camp in one of the full hook up sites? Could you have made the turns into the camp ground and into the full hook up spots with a 5 ton pulling a 32ft camper? We just bought a new one this week end and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for attending next year!
Meaning one of the hookups in the actual rally field?

It would be challenging in the rally field if you were a late arrival but possible.

RAYZER

Made it home safe around 3 pm on Monday,(drove 6 hrs Sun afternoon, spent the night and 6 hrs on Mon).
The deuce ran great with the new head gaskets!
Much appreciation and two thumbs up to gimpyrobb and gringeltaube for laying hands on the engine, along with a few others who lent support making it possible to get the old girl apart and back together in time for a shakedown cruise in the hardball convoy!
There were many new faces this year and it was a pleasure hanging out with new and old friends,
this was the best SSGR yet, a great exsperiance not to be missed!
I'm now sitting in my comfortable chair with some dogs in my lap and service from the kitchen for hot and cold beverages, it's good to be home but can't wait for the SSGR 2015!

bchauvette

Made it home safe around 3 pm on Monday,(drove 6 hrs Sun afternoon, spent the night and 6 hrs on Mon).
The deuce ran great with the new head gaskets!
Much appreciation and two thumbs up to gimpyrobb and gringeltaube for laying hands on the engine, along with a few others who lent support making it possible to get the old girl apart and back together in time for a shakedown cruise in the hardball convoy!
There were many new faces this year and it was a pleasure hanging out with new and old friends,
this was the best SSGR yet, a great exsperiance not to be missed!
I'm now sitting in my comfortable chair with some dogs in my lap and service from the kitchen for hot and cold beverages, it's good to be home but can't wait for the SSGR 2015!
no words needed
IMG_0911.jpgIMG_1020.jpgIMG_1023.jpg

andy3

Ya, there was some friendly competition and even some wagers as to which project would be up and running first!
You mean some fool was betting against either of us getting them going or who was to be first? You clearly had the advantage of shade. The sun killed us on Friday and Saturday. I was so happy for you when I realized it was you that rolled up next to my truck.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeking you again Sir.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Word from the Registration Tent.

I had a busy but great time. My original blunder of forgetting the computer and name tag printer was rectified by my wife and Fedex. Once we got underway, things started clicking Like Andy, I had a project at Special Operations. If it weren't for the volunteers at the RT,,especially Wheelspinner, I could never had pulled off what happened. I would like to thank all the volunteers who signed up and even those who didn't but stepped in and lent a hand. Despite few folks who always have something to complain about, everything went extremely smooth. For those who made a donation for the paracord lanyards, thanks so much. Every dime of that money has been given to the rally admin for future enhancements. This was an amazing rally but I'm certain we can make it better. Thanks to all who helped and attended and once again a huge thanks to Robert (rmtaunton) for his tireless efforts at the SOG field.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes there is a site with FULL hookups(water/elec/sewer). If they can get 40'+ RV's in there, you should be fine.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wandering if you could help me with a senior moment of memory?

I am trying to remember the handle of a vendor with a flatbed trailer selling tools and litter stands among other goodies. He was set up in the middle area with a flatbed trailer in front of Dave (MWMULES) tent and Chris (Gimpy) area. Corey? ______?

Please contact me offline with a the info.

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks