• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advice on insurance, historic, no garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa.rich

Anyone have a good deal on historic vehicle ins without the requirement of being garaged? I called a couple co's and they wont insure ungaraged.I need a company to call thats not so picky. Darn! Four bay garage but this five ton just aint gonna fit. Unless I give it a running start at it! :twisted: :D :shock: :oops: :roll:

alphadeltaromeo

From my previous post on another topic:

"We were able to get the deuce insured last week for an excellent rate through:

Pam Satterfield
Insurance Associates of Carrollton
121 Lee St Ste A
Carrollton GA 30117
770-838-4664

We did change all of our insurance to these folks, so my rate may reflect a bulk discount. With that said, though, the deuce is insured for $124.00/yr. I would highly recommend dealing with Pam, as she is quite professional and is a real joy to interact with. Just a few more days and I'll be driving this new deuce on the road. As you can imagine, I'm rather pleased about that."

No restrictions at all on this insurance.

alphadeltaromeo

Actually I sit corrected...just talked with the wife and she said that the insurance is only $100.00/yr with comp and collision. A side note, it's insured for 5k.

littlebob

I still don't have mine ready to insure yet, Gulfway qouted me a couple hundred with no garage but it needs to be registered as a historic restored vehiclle, with an agreed value of about 3K. There are restrictions about use on any of these Collector Poliicies that should be fully understanded before purchasing. I'm no lawyer , but know enough that if you get in accident in a vehicle you are driving on a dailly basis with collector insurance, your setting yourself up to get burned. Just my 2cents.

littlebob

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
alphadeltaromeo you had better check your policy for the deuce. I called up the insurance provider to inquire about coverage, and talked to Pam's assistant. As I don't live in Ga. they could not cover me, but he did refer me to a provider. By the way there were very nice and helpful. They refered me to Hagertys which I am thinking is what they set you up under. I called up Hagerty and they offer collectors insurance not regular use insurance. Their policy is just for show and pleasure use. Going to the dump or hauling anything would not be covered. It is supposed to be in a garage too.

pa.rich

Yes Talked to the insurance of Carrollton and they would not insure in Pa. I tried Gulfway and we could nevewr get in touch with them .Four other co's said it must be garaged, and locked up.Got a rice anyway from Haggerty and it was 124.00 a year if garaged. They all require a color picture of the truck in the garage. Vehicle is supposed to be in original condition too.I will persist with Gulfway.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
pa.rich you are paying $250 with Gulfway, right? I had talked to them a bit ago, and they mentioned that they have a minimum.

fasthuhpat

J.C. Taylor on line insurance, I got a quote for full coverage $100.00 per year. $300,000 Liab 0 deductable on comp/collision valued at $6500.00, no mention of garage. I had this insurance on a 100 foolt ladder (fire truck) It was $50.00 for just liability for a year.

azcraig

Howdy newbe to this site. I've been into MV for a long time though.
On getting insurance,had no problem with my deuce.I just purchase a 5 ton and no way it will fit in my garage.
I tried J.C.Taylor and on line it says must be garaged and locked.
Does anyone knoe how much it costs for regular insurance without historic plates.If there is sugh a thing.
This is my new favorite web site.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Gulfway in FL. They insure my trucks without the garage clause and do it very well.

SasquatchSanta

I'm currently going through the same insurance dilema.

I've been with Continental Western, on a collector policy but when I received my renewal notice it contained a cover letter that spooked me. It says the vehicle must be parked in a fully enclosed garage and that it must be driven primarily for car shows, club events or occasional pleasure drives. The letter also said It may not be driven for daily transportation, including back and forth to work and for general errand running. I believe this means I can't haul anything.

I'm paying $212.00 a year for full coverage with a value of 19K with 1K deductible. At one time, about a year ago the agent mentioned that I would have to get collector plates but later rescinded the request.

I called the agent voicing concerns/fears and was told I really should make arrangements to park the vehicle in a garage because if I didn't there wouldn't be any coverage if it was stolen, if a tree fell on it, or there was hail damage. My concern is with having coverage if I have an accident, not with fears of falling trees. The agent suggested she order up a policy and highlight the areas of concern.

In the meantime I contacted another agent that writes standard, non-collector policies. He will have to write it on a commercial policy at a cost of $683.00 a year for full coverage w/$1,000.00 deductible --- no restrictions.

I'm still waiting on word from the Continental Western agent and will forward the results.

FormerNewMVGuy

I have my truck insured with condon&skelly In NJ. when i talked to them about getting classic car insurance they asked if it was garaged, I said NO, They then asked if it was because the vehicle would'nt fit in the garage? I said exactly! They then said No Problem!!
The agreed value on the deuce is $9000. -Full coverage on the truck, 500,000 liability,$1000. deductible, and the premium is $104.00 a year, But i dont know if they do PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks