• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1960 Willys to 1940?

Anton Hochweisser

I have been talking to a man on craigslist about exchanging a 1985 Mercedes Benz 300 turbo diesel for a 1960 Willys, and I have a few questions because I want to restore it for world war two reenacting, can I put a 194X tub onto a 1960 frame? Will it work? I will post pictures of the Jeep tomorrow, it needs a whole new body. If I can't restore it to what I want it to be I'll have to keep looking for jeeps.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The M38A1/CJ5's are totally different puppies from the MB/GPW/CJ2/3's. If you want a WWII Jeep just wait and find one that is at least semi-restorable.

If you try to make a "Frankenjeep" you are gonna end up spending more money and having less satisfaction than if you just wait for the real thing...IMO.

BTW, the jeep in your pics is a CJ(civilian) not military.
:tank:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some have made the earlier M38 and CJ-2A/CJ-3A jeeps into WWII-wannabes. But even that is a bit ambitious and expensive. My opinion, wait for a real one, it will be less headache in the long run.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks