• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1960 Willys to 1940?

Anton Hochweisser

I have been talking to a man on craigslist about exchanging a 1985 Mercedes Benz 300 turbo diesel for a 1960 Willys, and I have a few questions because I want to restore it for world war two reenacting, can I put a 194X tub onto a 1960 frame? Will it work? I will post pictures of the Jeep tomorrow, it needs a whole new body. If I can't restore it to what I want it to be I'll have to keep looking for jeeps.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The M38A1/CJ5's are totally different puppies from the MB/GPW/CJ2/3's. If you want a WWII Jeep just wait and find one that is at least semi-restorable.

If you try to make a "Frankenjeep" you are gonna end up spending more money and having less satisfaction than if you just wait for the real thing...IMO.

BTW, the jeep in your pics is a CJ(civilian) not military.
:tank:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some have made the earlier M38 and CJ-2A/CJ-3A jeeps into WWII-wannabes. But even that is a bit ambitious and expensive. My opinion, wait for a real one, it will be less headache in the long run.