• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mmmmmmmmm, bone yard

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:drool: Found this a month or so ago, 2nd trip there. Got more pics, I'll post them later. There is SO much stuff there. Not just the big stuff., little crap..tow bar pins, cots, chocks, filters, windshields, doors, canvas items, 5T brake shoes..NEW, shrink wrapped on pallets...you name it, it's most likely there. There is a HEMTT PLS trailer out front, 800, 900 series. Little parts...the little capscrews for M sereis windows, fuel lines, baerings, I think I counted 10 + wreckers. I could spend days there.
Andy , if you read this, 21 to 2800.00 for a running NHC. You or I or someone can see and hear it run.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow - lots of good stuff in there, some 900 series wreckers and cargos, a couple HMMWVs for the newer MV drivers to restore, and TONS of parts. Wrong side of the continent for me, though.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
That tan shop van sure reminds me of my first deuce (and first MV, for that matter), which I got through the Barstow DRMO back in `99.

I just got an email a few days ago from a random stranger who's looking for a shop van in Southern CA, and who stumbled on my web site. If that tan van is available, maybe he'd be interested in it. I sold both of mine off a while back.

That 900-series wrecker has me drooling. Too bad my wallet is empty! ;) Ditto on the various HMMWV carcasses.

So, if any of y'all recognize the hills in the background, maybe we can suspend the laws of common-sense and triangulate the location of that yard CSI-style. rofl

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got hooked up with these guys by a friend. It's two brothers. Very quiet, Once they meet you, it's all good. It's best to go there on the weekends, usually after 12:00. It's in Fontana. They just got an M35A3 in. They aren't as ugly as the pics i've seen. It has all but 1 tire/wheel, but it is a Mississippi flood victim. I was talking to one of the bros and had to point out the fact that there were water lines starting at about 3/4 the way up the radiator and were spaces about 1/2 inch apart. The engine and trans are probably junk, but there's still alot of good stuff on the truck. I'm at work now, but when I get home, i'll throw up some more pics. I'm up for a trip. Maybe us locals can figure out a weekend to go out there and do some browsing. There are some 800 series wreckers, 900 wreckers, 5 ton dumps, cargos, rough terrain f-lifts, way too much stuff to list. they have scrapped off most of the deuce parts, but there is still alot to look at. BigMike has been there, Dave Walker knows these guys and buys stuff from them, mendo069 knows them, so they are known guys, just kind of private and quiet.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WillWagner said:
I got hooked up with these guys by a friend. It's two brothers. Very quiet, Once they meet you, it's all good. It's best to go there on the weekends, usually after 12:00. It's in Fontana. They just got an M35A3 in. They aren't as ugly as the pics i've seen. It has all but 1 tire/wheel, but it is a Mississippi flood victim. I was talking to one of the bros and had to point out the fact that there were water lines starting at about 3/4 the way up the radiator and were spaces about 1/2 inch apart. The engine and trans are probably junk, but there's still alot of good stuff on the truck. I'm at work now, but when I get home, i'll throw up some more pics. I'm up for a trip. Maybe us locals can figure out a weekend to go out there and do some browsing. There are some 800 series wreckers, 900 wreckers, 5 ton dumps, cargos, rough terrain f-lifts, way too much stuff to list. they have scrapped off most of the deuce parts, but there is still alot to look at. BigMike has been there, Dave Walker knows these guys and buys stuff from them, mendo069 knows them, so they are known guys, just kind of private and quiet.
It's a great place to wonder and shop. You find tons of stuff just lying around.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You see that ambulance in the first pic? They told me that the truck is almost brand new. DRMO or someone cut the suspension out and removed the eng/trans. It's a CUCV ambulance, and, from the ground, it looks close to perfect. I've got a bunch of PMs on this. We should get a head count, find a Saturday or Sunday that works for us and i'll get with them and see if they are willing to let a mess of us rummage around out there. Oh yeah, no name. It's just a big fenced lot.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the rest of the pics I took.Didn't take pics of, PLS trailer, M35A3, 2 ditch witches, 1 small..pic of the blade and one LARGE Seabees unit. Plus a whole lot more.

Attachments

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I just noticed the fuel tank under the generator trailer. Wonder if Will still wants/needs the tank and brackets?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there wer 4 or6 of them full. The ones on top ar pretty weather beaten. The ones in the lower triwalls are in decent shape.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks