• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FONTANA Scrap Yard Run!!! Anyone care to join?

ems4ty

BigMike, Let's see if we can get the fellas at the yard to open up for us on Saturday, September 29, 2007. Hopefully the weather is good because I'll be driving the Deuce down there. Let me know if you interested. I also have an new friend that wants to check it out too.

Anyone else game for next weekend visit to Fontana?

Thanks,

Tyler

JDToumanian

Well, I'd go. There were a few things I should have bought last time I was there... It was so hot that day that I wasn't thinking right.

I don't have an "in" with the fellas at that yard, Will or BigMike would have to want to go, and they were just there when I was, the Saturday before Labor Day... so maybe they're not interested :?:

Jon

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Hmm, I think I can make it there next weekend. It is such a wonderful place. This time I'll know to bring sunscreen and something to drink!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You dogs! I can't make it. Too much to do on my end before the Nov trip and the normal riding season stuff. Tell Tim and Tom I said Hi.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in and I'll contact the guys next week.

Will, you can go! You just need more convincing! "acres and acres of big green stuff" "trailers, containers and sheds yet to be explored" "hanging out with a crazy bunch of MV nuts" "eating some of the best tacos North of the border"...got ya convinced yet?

ems4ty

Sounds like a plan then! As I said before, I'm bringing the deuce... Can't wait to see what I can get this time. Now that I'm a little more educated in the parts that I need, and that sunscreen is a must and to make sure that we bring plenty of drinks! Don't forget the tools too! Keep me posted and Mike, let us know what time to be there. I'll assume that we'll meet at the same place as last time.

Cya!

groundog

:driver: did anyone see any 5 ton winches with extensions while you were there last time?If I take 10 west where do I get off.I will be coming from Phx,AZ. Thanks

hole

Wish I could go but I was just there this weekend, no more funds & my hall pass is expired :cry: Groundog, 90% of the trucks there are 5 tons , Cargo , Wreckers you name it they might have. Exit Cherry ave off 10 . Pm Will Wagner or Big Mike for exact location I dont remember street name I just know theres a dirt lot & I turn left, probably not the directions you were looking for

ems4ty

Groundog, Exit the 10 FWY at Cherry and go South. Look on the left hand of the street just past the gas station and you'll see a taco stand with a Dirt Lot just beyond that. We'll be meeting at the Taco Stand. Look for my Deuce as I'll be driving that. It's not far from the freeway, so if you drive for a couple minutes on Cherry, then you've gone too far. The scrap yard is located on Santa Ana street. I'll PM my cell phone number to you just in case. If I don't answer, leave a message and I'll call you right back. If I'm driving the deuce when you call (if you call) I won't answer it because it's not easy to drive and talk at the same time.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there! Keep us posted Bigmike on the time schedule...

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here we go!!!

I talked to Tom today. We are 90% good to go for Saturday the 29th. I will confirm with him on Thursday. Let's meet at the taco stand as described above...10 fwy, exit Cherry, go south, just past first light and next to gas station on left is a taco stand. We are scheduled to get into the yard at 12:00 so let's meet for tacos at 11:00. We will eat than head over to the yard.

I'll bring a cooler with H20 and some sodas.

Anyone can P.M. for more details otherwise see ya all on Saturday.

BTW, Will...you gotta come... :p

ems4ty

Yeah Will!!! You MUST Come!!! Think about all of the treasurers and maybe new faces you'll meet! Otherwise, we might have to have to a moment of silence before we scarf down some taco's!

I'm about 90% sure that I'll be bringing a buddy with me who has a uni-mog and a deuce. At least he'll know where its at and what is there...

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Tyler

key-largo

I wish that I could come this time but I have another commitment that day. All of the things that I picked up last time have been put to good use. The place is a gold mine.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have confirmed our access to the yard.

I'll see all takers at the taco stand around 11:00am.
Here is a list of who is going and who might be going
Is going:---------------Might be going:
BigMike-----------------DJFreema
Tyler--------------------BKinzey
Jon---------------------Groundog
Mark---------------------L7

I'm looking forward to seeing some old and hopefully some new faces.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wagon___now that's what I forgot last time. It was good exercise carrying out a duece tailgate, towbar, etc. on my shoulders aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks