• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who here runs their deuce on JP-8/Contaminated jet fuel?

kcimb

I remember someone here saying they ran their truck on Contaminated jet fuel that they got for free....who was it?

I'm not sure if he said it was JP8 or regular hi-octane avgas....

rmgill

Hi octane fuel won't properly detonate in the compression ignition multifuel engines. JP8 will work just fine.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Who here runs their deuce on JP-8/Contaminated jet f

Westech said:
the AVGAS wont 100% burn and will "light up" when it hits the air (about 1 inch after the exhaust pipe) and shoot a flame out the stack.
Hey Westech, how do you know that? :wink:

kcimb

Blood_of_Tyrants said:
JP8 or more commonly called "Jet A" will run fine in ANY diesel engine. It is especially good in very cold climates as it doesn't jell and starts quickly.
Could JP8 be stored in a water buffalo without destroying the valves?

The wheels in my mind are turning.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

WillWagner said:
Westech said:
the AVGAS wont 100% burn and will "light up" when it hits the air (about 1 inch after the exhaust pipe) and shoot a flame out the stack.
I want video!

kcimb

gimpyrobb said:
WillWagner said:
Westech said:
I want video!
I'm going to stand way over there ---------------> if you don't mind.

Blood_of_Tyrants

kcimb said:
Blood_of_Tyrants said:
JP8 or more commonly called "Jet A" will run fine in ANY diesel engine. It is especially good in very cold climates as it doesn't jell and starts quickly.
Could JP8 be stored in a water buffalo without destroying the valves?

The wheels in my mind are turning.
Probably.

Westech

CPL
RE: Re: RE: Who here runs their deuce on JP-8/Contaminated j

That has been talked about here before. I think someone just with in the last couple months picked up a deuce from Gl that was doing that and it had a tank of gas AVGAS in it. shooting flames out the pipe

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wreckerman893 said:
Just don't try to run it on laquer thinner. :cry:
I would think that would burn OK. I did read your thread but can't understand why thinner would eat the gaskets :?

joec

Hi Guys i'm new on here. But from my experience with the fuels. Any petroleum based fuel works fine. Remember what your put in as fuel also lubricates the injection pump. Gas, avgas ..paintthinner cause friction and sooner or later injection pump failure. Regardless of how much you filter. I ahve seen some crazy stuff put through these multi engines. Even white , hercules and some others have had injection failure. For those of you who have never changed one you know what i mean.

rgregj

Since I use jetA exclusively (with a couple of gallons of 100LL to spice things up), I make it a habit to put in a quart of MMO with each fill up. 1 year + and no problems yet. (That being said, the IP will probably explode tomorrow) :)

Greg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marvel Mystery Oil. I use a quart of turbine oil whenever I remember. Good stuff but expensive. I'm down to my last 25 quarts. When it's all gone, I won't be using that anymore.

jatonka

You know, that post on MMO brings back memories. My boss at the Highland Airport Frankfort Hill, NY used to use Marvel Mystery Oil in each of his Piper Cherokees, the John Deere 4020 and model "G" and the Sicard snow blower and the Plymouth Valiant that I later purchased and my love and I spent many a night in at the Twin Drive-in. Any way, Marvel is ideal for lubricity in fuel injector pumps, oil systems on any kind of IC motor, anything but the radiator. JT out

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The only issue with JP8 is it does not have as much energy in it so the performace will suffer just slightly. We had big diesel generators in Iraq that would not tolerate JP8 they were electronicly controlled and the things would kick off line on JP8 but run fine on straight diesel.

• Wow
Reactions: HDN

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
......We had big diesel generators in Iraq that would not tolerate JP8 they were electronicly controlled and the things would kick off line on JP8 but run fine on straight diesel.
Hats off to the designers of those engines, that's a feat, building a diesel that can't run on kerosene.....

• Haha
Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks