• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who here runs their deuce on JP-8/Contaminated jet fuel?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"There is a list of acceptable fuels in the TM's for the deuce."
forgive me but what are the "TM's" thanks
TM = Technical Manuals. You can find some under the 'deuce forum' in the FAQs and you can find the rest under 'resources' (top of page). That will take you to the old SS site, there are TMs for just about everything there. I have run across the acceptable fuels several times but never saved it.

panshark

hey preacherboy, can you head me in the right direction to a wife TM, and could you tell me beforehand if it includes a list of necessary tools? I need the TM that would train the wife, but it might be nice to have one that properly instructs on safe handling, so's I don't get myself hurt or killed. Thanks.:p

• Haha
Reactions: HDN

Seth_O

...What's the heaviest it can handle? #4 Fuel Oil? Navy Special or Heavy Bunker Oil(#6 fuel oil)?
I ran mine on used commercial aviation oil, it's ~100wt (vs your normal automotive ~30wt.) Initially I cut it 50/50 with diesel, but even cut like that it was too thick. It topped out ~50mph & 2000rpm WOT across the desert. It got significantly better (but still had some hesitancy at the top end) when I ran it 25/75 oil/diesel, and ran just fine as 10/90.

I haven't checked my filters since, but I wouldn't recommend running anything that thick, even cut with diesel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks