• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Me, My Wife, Mud, Rain, and Tires

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get yer minds out of the gutter!

My wife and I went down to SC to see my folks for the holidays last weekend. Well, we both really wanted to bring the M35 back up with us. So we hatched this brilliant scheme, where we would drive the deuce home on the 31st of Dec.

Now, the rear tires on the M35 were very bald. Not good for long road trip up to VA. I did enough traveling with them and said I wouldn't do it anymore for safety. Now the M211 that I hide in the woods up on our property happened to have 7 very nice 11X20s on it. So we planned to take the 6 rear 9X20s off the M35, take them up to the property, and swap them with the nice 11X20s.

Well, unfortunately, all that rain we have been needing? decided to hit that weekend. So I got my 2500 stuck in the South Carolina Clay, and my darling wife rolled 6 11X20 tires up the muddy hill to the truck all by herself, mostly in the dark and in the rain. But by golly, we got it done!

Couldn't get the truck unstuck until after we put the tires back in it, to give us traction. She took some pictures because she kept saying over and over "I know you will tell everyone on SS this, I know you will share our 'adventure' with them."

As it so happens, we were both so sore and tired (get it? :lol: ) that we didn't feel like the 10 hr deuce ride the next day. So I will have to get her some other time.

Enjoy the pics! you can tell the logger has been there recently. I can just picture my nice shop in the open space now...

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Awesome Adam:
Did you get the 1100's on the duece that next day or do you have two trucks on blocks now? She is a keeper the Bible says he that finds a wife finds a good thing. Things like that build a relationship more than a night in the bedroom. I am not knockin the night in the bedroom but marriage is so much more. I hope you get her a nice something to remember it by gift.

God bless

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David,
I haven't figured out what to get her for it yet. We are always teaming up to do stuff, we joke about 'you've hired the A team' when we get together do do a project because my first name is Adam and hers is Angie.

Yes, I got the rear four 11X20 on, I was going to run singles because I only had 7 so 6 on the truck and a spare. After putting those on I definitely didn't want to drive the truck straight back up here. I'll add some pics of the 'new' shoes.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That kind of pride and bragging is always allowable in my mind, perhaps we need a sticky on the supporting spouses.

My wife spent 22 years as an Army Nurse and is licenced on the Armored Ambulance and M 548. Just the fact that she sticks with me with the fleet of trucks and kids is testamony as well. I don't have a lot of the pictures of her in uniform or in our trucks but here is one of my helpmate on our late family farm in Illinois

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife has little interest in my trucks and off roading. She is open minded and went to Gravelrama with me once. Once home she said "I tried it, didn't care for it". I respect her for that. With all that said, she tolerates what I do and for the most part, offers her blessings. I wouldn't trade her for every MV in the world. Regardless of wether she likes it or not, she will jump right in with me on anything I need help with. She is truely my best friend and the Lord has blessed me beyond words with her.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys suck. How dare you rub the fact that you have supportive wives who are good looking, in our single and miserable faces?!? ;)

Sigh, maybe one day....grumble grumble....

vtdeucedriver

I got a supportive wife.................................if a sticky is posted, I will tell the story about what is know now as "the Weare incident"

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
maddawg308 said:
You guys suck. How dare you rub the fact that you have supportive wives who are good looking, in our single and miserable faces?!? ;)

:ditto:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spruce,
No, I definitely didn't have the strength to flip the hubs before I put the singles on. i might do that when I get her home to VA.

We need a thumbing our nose smiley for Maddawg and gringeltaube! Just keep looking, they are out there. And like Kenny said, even if they don't dive in with you, as long as they are supportive it will be a big help!

Ferroequinologist said:
Spruce,
No, I definitely didn't have the strength to flip the hubs before I put the singles on. i might do that when I get her home to VA.
Adam, If you'd like an extra set of hands when you get around to it..... let me know, I'd love to be involved just for my own experience..... Thanks.

dc3coyote

You guys suck. How dare you rub the fact that you have supportive wives who are good looking, in our single and miserable faces?!?

:ditto:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks