• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Me, My Wife, Mud, Rain, and Tires

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my wife is the reason we have the xm977, but as kenny says, id rather be with her then all the mvs in the world, i can always find a mv but i will NEVER find another Lucille

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sorry that you feel that way, My wife and I have been married for 27 years and I hope to make it to 50 without pushing up daisies. A man needs the right woman if he is to be happily married. It takes work believe me and I hope you get an opportunity to someday share your life with a loving wife. I would give up all of my trucks if she really needed me to and that is the determination it takes to make it work, in like manner she loves me so she will not make me get rid of them. It may seem cruel to you but we are glad to have a great wife even more than having a good running duece

2027Deuce

I've had my deuce longer than I have had my wife and I plan on keepin both. The deuce and the wife both cost me money, and I go out of my way to do things for each one.

When I drive the deuce around I'm havin so much fun I have to sit on both hands to keep from waving at everyone!

When I'm with the wife I'm even happier and realize how lucky I am.

My kids are lucky too, because even tho I Love them, nothing compares to how their mama Loves them. The other thing she does is pray, she is a prayer warrior, and I know that many of the blessings I have is because she prayed.

So if you are single and looking, I know what I'd do, I'd check the local church because that kindof gal is hard to find.

Scott

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Woohee my wife and daugher are coming over to visit me for 20 days one week from today and I am excited about seeing them again since I haven't since June 2007. I always sleep better with my wife, and love her so I am not ashamed to get a good nights sleep even on long separations like this. I hope all the Steel Soldiers are blessed in like manner. Love has to be the guiding rule and it is the 1 Corithinans 13 love that really works.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as we are bragging about our wives...my wife once drove an M35A2 from NC to MD...BY HERSELF...just to help me out!!! She also drove a deuce seven out of the 11 hours from MD to upstate NY and most of the trip was through a torrential downpour. She loves the trucks and has driven everything I own.

Attachments

beaubeau

Ferroequinologist!! Why must the hubs be Reversed in order to put singles on?? I have run my Semi with a single if I had a Flat! All I did was Reverse the inside Duals and run like that!!I was thinking of running Super singles on one of my Deuces> Why must Hubs be reversed?!!

beaubeau

Speek of Wifes!! My wife and I drove my Semi for 4 years and she never had a CDL!! I was the Instructor and she was the Student!! Never had a problem till one night I was in the Sleeper and she was driving.Got stopped in Va.She was asked where the instructor was and she said,"Sleeping in BacK!! No Tickets, no Problem!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the hubs don't have to be reversed, it was suggested to me and if I keep the singles on there I might do it, seeing as I want to pull them off anyway to redo all the seals and such.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
beaubeau said:
...... Why must the hubs be Reversed in order to put singles on?
In mud, sand, snow it is best to have the rears following the front tires in the same track.
Flipping the rear hubs gives you exactly the same as the front axle has: 79" btw. wheel mounting surfaces.
A lot was written about the "duals to singles" conversion and I would say everything is pretty well covered in every aspect. Just use the search function.......!

G.

BSH

Dang, that tire is about as big as she is! That's just awesome. A job so ridiculously dirty and difficult it's just funny. Hope the truck got clean alright.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks