• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graffiti Removal off of Canvas... Any Suggestions?

ems4ty

Ok, well, my Duece got tagged this weekend. :evil: :evil: :evil: I'm getting P O'd with this ruthless and inconsiderate gang bangers and wannabee's...

Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove spray paint from canvas? I can deal with the tagging on the body, just paint right over it, but not too sure how to attack the removal of spray paint from my, almost brand freakin new cargo cover.

Look forward to any suggestion you may have.

Sincerely,

Angry Tyler..... :(

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tyler, 1st, i'd try a stiff brush and a bit of dish washing soap or maybe hand cleaner. If that doesn't seem to work, try Goof Off, get it at Home Defect, or plain old brake cleaner. You might also try a pressure washer. Good luck.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
7.62 NATO always seems to work on taggers :wink: ......sorry to hear about your truck, good luck with the cleanup!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tyler,
That sucks bro...inconsiderate bunch of a-holes. I don't have any other ideas on how to remove the paint but I can think of a bunch of stuff we can do to the individuals involved. Be sure to take pics of the tagging. I recommend you not only give the info to the cops who might have his/her tag on record but you also go to another part of town and tag the area with this person's tag. That'll get the rivals all fired up. Be sure to put the number 187 along with it. 187 is the code for homicide. That'll really get the rival gangs looking for this fool!!

Ah Jeez Tyler, that blows!!!

I have succelsfully used a hand cleaner by ICC Chemicals out of Cinncinati to remove my lettering enamel from vehicles. It has an abrasive in it that I have to polish up the paint afterwards but works great removing paint.

It is called 396 Hand Cleaner and Conditioner. It is made exclusively for the graphic arts industry.

You can get it here: http://www.icc-chemicals.com/hand_cleaners.htm

Another thing that will work but may bleach your top is to try Easy Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner. I also use that to remove painted lettering from vehicles only when they have a urethane finish. Spray it on real wet and let it work for about 1-2 minutes. Then work with a stiff nylon brush for your canvas - I use a hard plastic squeegee for painted surfaces.

Try the Easy Off in an inconspicuous spot to see if it bleaches the top. Or you could go for it and "3 color camo" the top afterwards as mine is.

Good luck.

On a lighter note, taggers should have a season on them with no bag limit.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I cant stand taggers, they are so hard to catch. Sorry to hear about your property being violated by some P.O.S. that will probably never amount to anything in life.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warm water and soap for starters. Then move up to Oxyclean and elbowgrease. Then the Goofoff. In that order. There may be some paint remover out there on the market that can do it, but not sure if it will have any effect on the canvas.

For the taggers, bleach works very good. Hold their heads down in a bucket of it for about a minute and they won't stain your life anymore!

ems4ty

Here's some pic's...

Well, Had the PD out here for the report. Not very helpfull though. Pretty said to me, good luck and BTW don't do anything that could get you into trouble, if you see them, call us back and we'll let them get away with it. Typical PD B.S.

Typically it happens on Friday and Saturday Nights. Sometimes on a Thursday night.

Anyways, here's some pic's of the damage. I'll keep you posted on the cleanup process as I figure out what works or what I can make work. Thanks again for your suggestions as I'll be trying them out!

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Here

Those punks even know its a private truck? oh wait, like that would have mattered. That sucks so bad, I feel for you. That's a really nice looking truck, and a better looking top.

We travel through one really bad area here, no joke they were tagging the train as we were rolling by!!! Had four of them stand right on the tracks the other day (they love playing chicken with the train.) Mostly they do it so we will slow down, then they move and jump on before I can speed back up. Well, I yanked out the throttle, Blew smoke about 40ft in the air, and all but one ran for it, the last one stayed almost too long, I had grabbed the brakes when he moved. I rolled on through at about 12mph so they couldn't jump on, and blew the horn in their ears.

Punks. Worse part is, I would probably go to jail if one did get hit, nobody would ask why he was stupid enough to just stand on the tracks or try to jump on a moving train, just blame it all on me, I could have stopped, right... If those kids keep it up one will get hit or killed one of these days. And the best part? it was almost 2pm, school doesn't let out until about 3pm around here. So why were they messing with my train when they should be educating their brains? oh, wait, I answered myself on that one too... :wink:

TedG

That really bites! It looks like female writing to me, too neat for guy. Maybe their message is stating that you should use number 2 fuel oil?!

If the cavass was wet then perhaps it will keep the paint from setting in and with recommendations above, it should mostly come out.

Regards,

Pappa-G

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Try this stuff we used to use overseas if I remember right it's called " claymore". It works wonders on removing assholes but not so good on blood stains.

spentshell

Tyler go to interlinksupply.com and put your zip code in , it will bring you to a local suppliers website and then search for All Solve spotter item number CS06AE. Then go find a local store that rents a portable steam cleaner make sure it has an attatchment for upholstery. Fill the machine with the hottest water you can get your hands on and set the machine up ready to clean, spray the All Solve on a small section and rinse with the machine. You might have to do this several times to flush the paint all out. If you can do it sooner than later because the longer it sits the harder it becomes to remove it . Good luck

dc3coyote

Sorry,
And I am extremley sorry you live in a state that it is illegal for private citizens to protect their own property.
On the plus side there is a lot of desert out there and those punks probably cant live out there long.
Drive the duece, and let the irony set in.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

It's good you got the tag...go to the neighboring gang areas and tag the heck out of the area with that tag. Mark out the local gang members tags and put that one on top. Better yet, pay some kids to do it for ya. I'm tellin' ya it'll be fun to watch them kill each other.

I'm adding another idea. Ask around and hire a few teenagers from the local schools to find out whos tag that is. Offer a reward just like the cops do. Once you have confirmed the identity you can then go after the parents. You may get lucky and the parents will see to taking care of the canvas and their kid. If not, you can always take care of the kid in other ways.

wyomingjeep

Thats not even a GAng its something even worst its hippies, every military base where i have been there are alot of signs and graffiti that that say no war for oil, say no to oil and all that tree hugger crap the only thing that will get the stain out to your satisfaction is if your smear hippie blood over it.

Armada

Man that makes my blood boil!!!! The bad thing is nothing can be done to them unless they are caught in the act. Pukes.
I'm sorry to say, I don't think you will get that off. You may be able to get the outside layer scrubbed off, but any paint that soaked in to the canvas will be there forever.
Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, only this incident was done by my puke, dirtbag, hillbilly, azzf%#@ neighbor. Yeah, no kidding, they live right next door to me!! Paint balloon to the front of my deuce. Thank god I was able to scrub the paint off everything but the canvas. Where it had soaked in, it left a stain. You can see the burst balloon on the bumper. I found it on the ground and put it there for the picture. This is only the latest in a long line of bullsheet they've pulled. Pappa-G can testify to that.
Fricken sad, but I really need to get security cameras for my own yard so I can catch them on film and prosecute.

Attachments

ems4ty

Horse Puckie I tell you! Armada, I feel your pain and grief as well. A buddy of mine who lives in Santa Ana has a two MV's at his place and has to deal with same kind of crap from his neighbors as well. Open season I say.

Anyways, So far I was able to scrub out some of the black paint. Brakeleen, Graffitti Remover and Orange GoJo didn't work. Matter of fact, one of them bleached the canvas which is even more frusterating.

I did find that a can of 1919 Deep Forest Green Spray Paint from Home Depot is a really close match to the original canvas color. So, I had Home Depot color match the paint to a 1 gallon paint container and if worse comes to worse, I'll have to paint my canvas. Not what I really want to do, but if I have to I will. I still have a few of the suggestions from prior responses that I'm working on in the meantine. I'll post pic's as I go along if I remember.

BTW, I did narrow it down to a group of people that visited the local watering hole on Saturday Night just this past weekend. Aparantly they left their markings over there too. I'll be getting with the bar owner to review their tapes and hopefully I'll be able to see who it was, then I go from there and track them down, hunt them, and then hopefully, finish them off for good... At least that's the hope that is.

Cya,

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks