• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lane and Rod

citizensoldier

Re: RE: Home

ida34 said:
Was the bridge closed for weather conditions?
We are not sure? We wondered if it had something to do with that bridge in MN.. Maybe a inspection or maybe it was built out of the same materials as the one in MN that fell? I will find out for sure but it sucked big time! Good thing it was 1AM instead of rush hour..
I just woke up for a bit to say hello.. I will right more later going back to bed. I am still missing 3 complete days of sleep from this trip.. It was worth it if even to just eat the food and see the sun. Oh.. and all you guys were great too!!! :D
We looked like a band of OD head gypsies heading north.. My little 3/4 ton was loaded to the max and finally got a break in Cincinnati.. Be back later..
Lane

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Re: RE: Home

The wind that you noticed while you were here Lane...a few tornado's struck the area...was pretty bad weather. At first I thought it was you snoring, but then realized it was outside... :roll:

ida34

Lane,
I just did a search and it looks like the northbound lanes are going to be closed until March then the southbound lanes with closed. This if for replacement of the bridge "bearings".

ZILWAUKEE, Mich. (AP) - Frigid weather is delaying construction work along the Zilwaukee Bridge.

The northbound lanes of Interstate 75 across the bridge were set to close Thursday morning. But WSGW-AM reports equipment problems have pushed back the shut down until the afternoon.

The state Department of Transportation says the closure is needed to accommodate the replacement of bearings that allow the bridge spanning the Saginaw River to expand and contract in changing weather.

The work is scheduled for completion in late March, when work starts on the southbound lanes.

MDOT says motorists heading northbound on I-75 should use I-675 as an alternate route for the duration of the $3.3 million project.

citizensoldier

hehheheehehe.. It rattled your house pretty good.. Glad we all stayed safe! It must be your one way line with the big Kahuna... Thank you so very much for hosting us smelly road rat yankee boys.. Just like I thought we found the syrup when we got home.. I must ad it was frozen solid! It was 2 degrees when I got home.. What a drastic change..
Poppop! I will be in touch.. and thank you thank you to all that helped, hosted, and fed us...

Barrman

Chris,
You need to write a thread about how you have managed to hitch hike several thousand miles in the past year in MV's.

citizensoldier

Some of our shots from the trip..

Here are some shots I took...

Attachments

citizensoldier

RE: Some of our shots from the trip..

If I come next year it will be with a semi truck and trailer.. I will also take a week to get down and a week to get back..
Ok.. Back to bed.. Stay tuned for a CUCV write up and more pictures... Thanks for having me but I missed out on the machine gun shoot!! Darnit! And next time put that extra chicken in my truck! LOL.. I could have lived off it for a month up here.. I wont see a grill in use for some time.. heheheheh

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: Re: RE: Home

alphadeltaromeo said:
The wind that you noticed while you were here Lane...a few tornado's struck the area...was pretty bad weather. At first I thought it was you snoring, but then realized it was outside... :roll:
Hate to hijack this thread, but hopefully y'all didn't get smashed up too bad down there by that weather, ADR. The pictures on the news didn't look nice.

Otherwise, glad y'all made it home safely. From FL to MI has got to be one heck of a drive...

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Home

I should have shoved that chicken in your truck...grrr. No worries on the syrup...was a pleasure to have ya'll here :)

Capt. M. it wasn't that bad for us thankfully. Others got tore up. The Lord was again good to us :)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Andy, thanks again for the help and hospitality. Good seeing you again. The family is growing quick!

alphadeltaromeo

Chris...you're also welcome anytime! Was a pleasure to have you here for sure...I always enjoy the company of quality folk [thumbzup] and you be one fo shua.

citizensoldier

Thanks Andy

I am just enjoying some very fine goat cheese with crackers and Doritos.. :D PM me with some specs on the cheese would ya..I need to keep records for future orders. MMMMM very good.. It was frozen when I pulled in the drive but thawed out nice...
Here are a few more pics..

After spending some time with Loyde I will always think of him when I put in a dip of Red Man or get a fresh pair of tighty whities out of the dryer.. :shock:
There is no equal to southern hospitality. I agree the fam is growing fast Andy..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks