• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tractor sighting I-81 at PA/MD line

HeadWizard

I was on my way back to VA from Mechanicsburg, PA after picking up a genny that I won and spied this tractor running about 60 mph on I-81 south. It had MD tags and a surprised look on the drivers face when I snapped his picture. ( I was driving and snapping pictures at 65mph.)

Anyone know who this is? He looks familiar.

Very nice looking truck!

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I love fifth wheel towing devices and that one looks to be one of the beefiest I have seen. We used the Holmes variant on our M915's. Sure is a nice looking set up and truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: SO?

Hee hee, I know the answer.

And the look on his face is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What the hell does this guy think he is doing?"

rofl

HeadWizard

I really liked the look also :shock:

I reached the camera over to the passenger seat and snapped the picture without aiming, so all he should have seen was an arm and a camera.

Kinda reminds me of Scrounger (who hopefully still has one of my M35's stored with his fleet). Only met him the one time when he was nice enough to retrieve one from Ft. Meade for me.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK...it was me. I was coming back from Letterkenny after an unproductive day. I had intended to pick up one of my M814s. Boy...the trucks are sweet. The 5th wheel towing device had no problem picking up the truck, but the length forced too much weight down onto the 5th wheel and basically lifted the front end up off of the ground if you can believe it. The wheels were touching, but intermittently, they'd lose contact with the ground. It was unsafe to say the least so I abandoned the pick up. I wish I had brought a towbar as you can't really flat tow with the 5th wheel towing device. You can safely tow 5 tons with the 5th wheel towing device, but I guess the M814s are a no-go based upon my experience. I suppose I was a little pissed at myself for not being able to retrieve one of the trucks. I definitely was not pissed at you for taking the pic. In fact, I had no idea my picture was being taken. I did notice the VA plates on your truck and was eyeing you gen set, which looked sweet. Mystery solved...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny thread. Bruce in no stranger to the FWTD. Bruce, you going back to 809 series stuff?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha ha - I KNEW it was Bruce! I guessed it, but didn't want to look like an idiot if I was wrong.

Oh, wait, I look like an idiot normally. Oh well.

Great looking truck, Bruce!

Melvinitis

That is a great photo, one of you at 65 the other at 60, the sun really helps exposurer. I think Bruce should be using that photo as his aviator (sp).

HeadWizard

truth be told, the pic with Bruce's mug I had to photoshop to see his face. It was too bright and he was in the shadows. Notice the difference in the sky colors in the other photos which were untouched.

He probably didn't know I was taking pics as my pickups windows are tinted fairly dark. His look was pretty good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks