• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tractor sighting I-81 at PA/MD line

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow what a great way to finally see what Bruce looks like. I missed him at Aberdeen last year and really felt bad about it. Now I am going to miss another Aberdeen and will have to wait longer to meet my fellow Marylander. This was pretty neat seeing that sweet truck I would be smiling all the time if even one of my trucks looked that good.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the compliments on the truck. The truck runs really well. The interesting thing is, my speedo said I was doing 50-53 and the tach read 2000-2100 the whole time. It must be off a little bit. The 5th wheel towing device works great. It is easy to hook up...we were hooked up to the m814 in probably 10 minutes. I talked to John Winslow and he said he's used it to haul 5 ton tractors with no problems at all. I've towed a 5 ton cargo and a bunch of deuces. You really don't even know a deuce is back there except on hills.

FMJ: If I were out your way with the truck, there is no doubt in my mind that I'd be hauling one of your M109s home with it! Guys, someone needs to buy one or both of his M109s...they are about the nicest shop vans that I've ever seen. I would already own them except that trucking would make them way to expensive for me since I live in MD.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I have always like the M809 series of trucks. I was out of them for a little while, but I can't pass up a good deal! The M814s are close in condition to the rebuilt M818s that have been coming out recently like ARMADA's M818...except that both of my trucks have a couple of DRMO war wounds. Interestingly, the dents were NOT there in the GL site pictures. Fortunately, they are not that bad and can be fixed...just more hassle than anything. The trucks look like they were both rebuilt and, then, just sat. I got underneath one and EVERYTHING is either new or rebuilt from the motor back...not a single drip, drop or weep to be seen. The motor oil has been drained and I hope the motors are fine. Short of that, they are two of the nicest trucks that I've gotten.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BFR: Sorry for the delay in responding. I believe that additional weight in the front would help. However, I was unsure of what to add. I don't have a winch on my truck and figured the additional weight would help, especially considering that it sticks out a bit further, too. In the end, I just had them trucked home...no hassles or risks...$425 per truck. Fuel alone would have cost me $125/truck not to mention the wear and tear (and the risks of towing another truck).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, I'd be interested to see the updated signature. Sounds like you've added many 809 series trucks.

halftrack

Finally met Bruce myself this past week. My adventures with the Marines brought me near his neck of the woods so I was able to stop by. I envy his collection and he is one heck of a nice guy. God bless ya Bruce!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks